tomato recipes please

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
I have just picked a big bowl full of my home grown orange skinned sweet and succulent tomatoes...any recipes?

Oh and recipe using weight please, as I have no concept of 'cup' as a measurment, sorry :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my favorite way to eat them is to slice them up and drizzle with some balsamic vinegar (not vinaigrette). Delish!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I love tomato and onion salads, with a drizzle of oil & balsamic vinegar and maybe a bit of parmesan cheese. Yum! I love me some tomaaaatoes!
  • vettermr
    Options
    If they are big enough you could do stuffed tomatoes and fill with brown rice and black beans--I do the same with peppers!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You could make a tomato salad. Tomatoes, black olives, chopped red onion, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, red-wine vinegar, and olive oil all mixed together. This would be great over grilled chicken.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Roasted tomato & chilli pesto

Take about 4 tomatoes (med sized), scoop out the seeds. Roast these with a little evoo, a couple of cloves of garlic (in their skins) and 1 large red chilli pepper (deseeded if you wish- though i just roast it whole)- roast them at 200 degrees for about 20 mins.

Remove skins from garlic, and stem from chilli. Put the chilli, tomatoes & garlic in a food processor- along with 2 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese, a handful of fresh basil & 2 tbsp of roasted pine nuts (you can use lightly roasted flaked almonds as a substitute/cheaper option). Season with black pepper & whizz until smooth.

serve with pasta, spaghetti squash or with chicken or fish.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Roasted tomato & chilli pesto

Take about 4 tomatoes (med sized), scoop out the seeds. Roast these with a little evoo, a couple of cloves of garlic (in their skins) and 1 large red chilli pepper (deseeded if you wish- though i just roast it whole)- roast them at 200 degrees for about 20 mins.

Remove skins from garlic, and stem from chilli. Put the chilli, tomatoes & garlic in a food processor- along with 2 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese, a handful of fresh basil & 2 tbsp of roasted pine nuts (you can use lightly roasted flaked almonds as a substitute/cheaper option). Season with black pepper & whizz until smooth.

serve with pasta, spaghetti squash or with chicken or fish.

Marry me? LOL!!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Gazpacho?