Just starting

karenkat15
karenkat15 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to this plan. I just have to get back into the habit of exercising. I need to lose 30 pounds. Support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• cmmassoud
    cmmassoud Posts: 3 Member
    Slowing adding exercise is the key. Don't try to do too much at once, you'll get overwhelmed and quit. I started with just walking my dogs further and further everyday. Now we walk two miles in the morning, I go to the gym, run four and come back and walk them for another two miles! They are exhausted and I feel great! Now I'm a housewife, so I don't have a work schedule to work around but don't use that as an excuse to not get up and do something!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    while exercise has its benefits, eating healthy is more important to weight loss (esp fat loss). start with eating healthy, and as someone said...work in exercise gradually. begin with something you like to do and then add intensity over some time.

I've had 3 phases to weight loss this year:

phase 1: eat healthy; no exercise. (roughly 2 1/2 months)

phase 2: added some cardio and a handful of push-ups/ab stuff (roughly 2 months)

phase 3: added a whole bunch of stuff....resistance training, interval training, running, biking (current). lots of stuff to pick and choose from.
This discussion has been closed.