Looking for moms.

Options
HDSettee
HDSettee Posts: 2 Member
Hello,
Looking for other moms who are on a weight loss journey.

I am a 23 year old, first time mom of a 9 month old girl. I am looking to loose just over 50 pounds! Add me and we can share tips, tricks, support and recipes!

Looking to start a good support system on here!
☮💜

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congratulations! :)

I'm a mom of five and I had my first at 23. I think it's great you're taking these steps now, though anytime is better than never! One of the best tips I have is to make a reasonable plan that takes into account your daughter's needs, and then remember it whenever you might feel guilty about taking time for yourself. I kept putting off my plan for weight loss because I was so busy trying hard to never "inconvenience" my husband or kids, and that's just not a sustainable or healthy mindset (but one I think moms are especially prone to). So I take their needs into account, but I don't let them smother my own needs. We can make it work with a little planning.

Walking isn't super rigorous exercise, but I highly recommend it just for the mood boost! My kids have always liked riding in the stroller and looking around, and a rain cover makes getting out a lot easier even when the weather isn't perfect. I think fresh air is almost magical, not to mention the Vitamin D!
  • cwruchic12
    cwruchic12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a full-time mom of a 2 year old. Restarting my weight loss journey for the hundredth time it feels like. This time is a little different. My husband and I are doing it together and I'm hoping that I'll be able to stick with it. In the past it was all or nothing diet and exercise. That was not sustainable and I got bored with the workouts. Starting back with just exercising to make that a habit and reminding myself that I didn't gain 70 pounds overnight. Giving myself a little grace is new too.
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of three girls. I'm trying to lose weight and in a positive way so I don't start conversations with my daughters about dieting and non-body positivity. It's honestly a hard conversation to say I'm on a diet, but only to be healthy not because I want to be 30 pounds lighter.
  • LennineHooper
    LennineHooper Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum of 4 (13, 10, 1, and 5 weeks). Just getting restarted with MFP. It's hard getting the motivation alone when you're so sleep deprived!
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum of 4 (13, 10, 1, and 5 weeks). Just getting restarted with MFP. It's hard getting the motivation alone when you're so sleep deprived!

Congratulations!!! I hope you're enjoying the squishy cuddle time. <3
  • abbie4212
    abbie4212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Would love other mom friends! I have a 10 month old daughter and had no motivation to lose the baby weight during covid. But here I am now! Looking to lose (realistically) 50-75 pounds, but would love to lose closer to 100 as a long term goal.
  • abbie4212
    abbie4212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    dtmwed wrote: »
    I'm a mom of three girls. I'm trying to lose weight and in a positive way so I don't start conversations with my daughters about dieting and non-body positivity. It's honestly a hard conversation to say I'm on a diet, but only to be healthy not because I want to be 30 pounds lighter.

Love this. I am trying to focus on telling her I need to exercise to be strong, to eat vegetables to be healthy, etc. It's hard though, because my inner monologue tells me to exercise to be skinny, to eat vegetables because they're low calorie, etc. My daughter is 10 months so I'm trying to set this from the beginning. I grew up with enough body issues that I don't want her to inherit.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Mom X 3 here! Trying to show my kids how to keep healthy and have a good body image, even if you carry some extra junk in your trunk!
  • anna_losingit
    anna_losingit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 boys here! A 6 month old and an almost 6 year old. I would like to lose about 70lbs total

I will send you a friend request!