Let's Do This! Looking for active/motivated friends

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm looking to partner with some people on here to share health tips regarding food, exercise and finding a good balance with all that and life! I'm hoping to find friends who are also motivated and looking to lose weight. Since COVID I've gained around 40 pounds and found myself heading toward the obese category for the first time in my life. I need to really focus and would love help in this journey. I will also reciprocate and give as much as I can to help others. Please friend-request if you're interested. Thanks!

Replies

• Smokeater08
    Smokeater08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here, since COVID I have gained 30lbs and need to refocus
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Been here since 2011. I actually lost 40lbs due to COVID because I was able to focus on me instead of all my clients since gyms have been closed. Hopefully back to work in a week though now that they are allowing kids to go back to school in person in three weeks.
    Welcome to the boards.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did alright throughout the summer; it was a vacation in October and the holidays that did me in... 30+ lbs that I had lost... and I had more to go before that!
  • Vegetadad
    Vegetadad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wish I could blame covid, or anything else, but the truth is that I've gained the weight because I need to be more focused on my health.
  • eater_78
    eater_78 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Similar story here! This time around I won't use lockdown (and homeschooling!) as an excuse :smiley:
  • chocolate1902
    chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Keep it really simple. Burn about 300 more calories than you take in daily. You will lose weight and not starve doing so!
  • M1k1345
    M1k1345 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate that, since covid started I've been losing and gaining the same 5kg and its way past time for some real progress. Let's make some changes together 😊
  • azinn01
    azinn01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I’m looking to make some friends to challenge myself through my weight loss journey and help build each other’s confidence. Say Hello or add me!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome!