Exercises for belly fat

Options
Hello Everyone,

I wanted some ideas for good exercise that really burns belly fat. I currently do Zumba, line dance class, TONS of brisk walking, and some strength training and ab work. I mostly do cardio though, and I know I need to do more ab work.

I have had 2 children by cesarian so my flabby stomach is the biggest problem for me. So...any advice will be appreciated!!!

Thanks!
-Amy

Replies

• PBJunkie
    Options
    No such thing as spot reduce so if you want to lose fat simply eat at a deficit and exercise, it will eventually come off.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Since I have started doing a pilates mat class, I have noticed a HUGE change in my stomach. I do two classes a week and it has only been a month but my shape is starting to change. Prior to this, I only did cardio which did squat for my belly fat. I am not losing weight any quicker but I am losing inches faster.
  • AmyNaylor7205
    AmyNaylor7205 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks yall. I actually used to do pilates so I think I am going to start doing that again. Maybe it will help me too.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I am currently doing the Insanity workout, and I have to say, I am impressed with the cardio abs routine. I am limited by a couple of surgeries I've had and can't do any sit ups or full push ups. But there are no sit ups or crunches in this workout! If you can, check it out, it's well worth it!
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    unfortunately for me...this is the last place i really started to see get toned. it sucks, ive lost a lot of inches off of my belly but toning has taken a while. im at my goal weight and still not completely happy with my stomach but im working on it...slowly but surely. insanity's helping me out a lot!