How many lbs does it take to lose a pant size?

Options
So I started my journey in a size 15 junior pants. I am now in a loose 13 junior. I have lost 10lbs so far. I was wondering how many lbs does it take to lose a pant size?

M.

Replies

• Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone, but for me, it usually takes about 10lbs to lose a pant size
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have no idea to be honest. I started out in a size 12 jeans, I have lost 12 pounds so far and I am still wearing a 12. They are deffinitely loose on me, and I hate them. But I plan to get down to a size 8 so I will not be buying pants yet. I should try on a pair of 10's to see how they fit.
  • Amandajean1105
    Amandajean1105 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It has to be different for everyone. I have lost 12 lbs and have noticed no difference in my pants size, but my thighs have shown a huge drop along with my upper waist. It seems that my waist is starting up high and slowly working it's way down.

Good Luck with the rest of your journey!
  • Pete_Mann
    Options
    This is a hard question to answer. Weight doesn't correlate to inches, nor inches to weight. You can lose pounds and inches at the same time, but you can lose inches without losing pounds, or lose pounds without losing inches.

From my own personal experience I have lost 20lbs and went down a pants size, and then I have lost zero pounds and gone down as well.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    All the appropriate cautions about this not being simple or straightforward are correct. However, as a rough rule of thumb, for a person of average height who isn't in the larger plus size clothing, it's about 14lb per dress size. (More like 20lb for people in a UK 26+)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I am short and have lost 22 pounds and I am still wearing the same pants, about a 14, although they're looser now. I had one pair of 'fat' pants in a 16 that are definitely too big. But I bought a pair of 12's the other day at the thrift store and I can't even button them. Which makes no sense what with the baggy 14's but yeah. 22 pounds and no dress sizes at all here.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It totally depends. For me, it's about 20:

175lbs = Size 18
    155lbs = Size 16
    135lbs = Size 14

In UK sizes^^
  • jernigan51
    Options
    No idea, I started tightly in 16's and 28 lbs later am comfortably in 14's...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    People lose in different areas of the body based on how their genetics have their body store fat. For some it's in the upper body, some in the lower. It would totally depend on the person.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It totally depends. For me, it's about 20:

175lbs = Size 18
    155lbs = Size 16
    135lbs = Size 14

In UK sizes^^

Yes it is very different for everyone, i weight 160lbs and now fit into a 12, but I wore my 16-18's for months & months til I decided to buy new clothes. Clothes sizes is definately the slowest moving thing when it comes to weight loss :-(
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it would vary greatly based on height and body frame as well as how much muscle vs fat each person has. For me, it took about 15 for the first size drop, then about 10 for the next.
  • dvela22
    dvela22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I've lost 15 lbs and I'm still wearing size 20's. Now I have some that were too tight to wear and now they fit loosely, and the ones that were loose are too big.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I believe it's different for everyone.
    I've lost 30lbs roughly and dropped 3 sizes.
  • jiggermalou
    jiggermalou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At 220 I was size 36 waist... at 200 I was 34 waist... at 180 I was 32 waist... so it would seem to me to be around 10 pounds per inch waist. hope this helps...
  • jiggermalou
    jiggermalou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At 240 I was 38 waist... 220 I was size 36 waist... at 200 I was 34 waist... at 180 I am 32 waist... so it would seem to me to be around 10 pounds per inch waist. hope this helps... (I reposted because I forgot the first one)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I gained roughly 20 lbs and dropped one pant size :happy:
    Lifting heavy stuff makes it possible :love:
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    It took me 20lbs to go down one size.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4 pant sizes with 45lbs gone, but only 2 top sizes?

I think it depends on your body shape/genetics
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    yeah its completely different for everyone its been 32 lbs for me and i just now fit in a smaller pants size but my shirts and arms on t-shirts fit a lot better since 10 lbs already
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 lbs so far and I'm down 2 sizes in pants.