new to message boards

Options
hi. i'm rachel. i've been using myfitnesspal on and off for a few months, but without much conviction. i'm really trying to motivate myself to get back in shape. i lost 25+ pounds starting last august, and then i switched jobs and gained all of it back... plus 10 lbs. it's such a bummer.
i have to lose my excess weight to stay healthy. i'm afraid i'm headed for trouble if i don't turn this around (diabetes in my family), so i'm looking for support and accountability. i'm hoping i can find that here.
i have about 55 lbs to lose, and that seems impossible at the moment. but i'm ready to try.
thanks for reading!

Replies

• cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • micheledunne
    Options
    You can add me. I will support you and anytime you need to talk you can send me a message and I will get back to you. We are all here for the same reason. You can totally lose this weight. I have lost 26 lbs so far on this sight. The support has been great. I still have a ways to go, but I know I can do this. So add me :tongue:
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
    And me!
  • justanotherteenagemom
    Options
    add me. :) i would love the support as well.
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend for support, I am working to get rid of around 30 lbs, so I feel your pain. The good news is you got it off before, so you know you can do it again.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck!!!
  • lacyjaneful
    lacyjaneful Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Laura. I had my baby boy on the 10th of may 2011. I have an eating disorder so eating has been hard! but the recovery process helped when I fell pregnant, Knowing that I had to eat for my growing baby. I also quit smoking and drinking and have never been happier!

Now im getting into the heathy side of things and I am in need of support after a MASSIVE weight gain of 46kgs :O (thats what happens when your body is forced to eat normally after starvation. so silly!) I would love some friends to keep me healthy and motivated! I accept all requests and offer help and support aswell.
  • TeamVistyle
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site. I lost 25 lbs last year on the body by vi challenge. I lost it in 45 days without exercise. I have maintained my weight by using the product doing 1 shake a day. I have heard and read lots of great reviews about this site. I have set a new fitness goal to tone and add lean muscle. I have started this past week on working out for an hour to an hour and a half at least 4 days a week. I am also keeping track of my calorie intake by using the food diary on this site. I have also downloaded it on my phone fo quick and handy access:)
    Hugs,
    Michelle
  • njrea58
    njrea58 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I lost my Dad in May and have been putting on weight since then. Cancer survivor of 5 years and need to keep the weight off. I need to lose about 20 lbs to be comfortable in my skin so maybe we can motivate each other? Welcome back.
  • lynnbenfield
    Options
    Hello, Lynn here and have very much enjoyed this program. Simple to use and you can your meals any time which is something I like. I'm an old guy of 57 and have lost 7 lb's in just a couple of weeks eating whatever I want, that includes beer and bloody marys.