sugar

Options
Hello everyone,
I am new to MFP and I really like the site so far. I just am having trouble with my sugar intake. I dont know if anyone else is having this problem. I would say that I dont eat alot of junk food, I eat stuff like fruit, yogurt, and trail mix (mainly healthy stuff.) I also try to avoid at all costs artificial sweetners like aspartame and splenda. MFP gives me the total of 26 grams of sugar a day, but some how I always manage to go about 75 over. Anyone have advice. Thanks

Replies

• laurenkay
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to MFP and I really like the site so far. I just am having trouble with my sugar intake. I dont know if anyone else is having this problem. I would say that I dont eat alot of junk food, I eat stuff like fruit, yogurt, and trail mix (mainly healthy stuff.) I also try to avoid at all costs artificial sweetners like aspartame and splenda. MFP gives me the total of 26 grams of sugar a day, but some how I always manage to go about 75 over. Anyone have advice. Thanks
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    ouch 75 over. that's a bit. I would try replacing some of that fruit with veggies maybe. Also, watch the yogurt, some yogurt can have lots of added sugar. Look for the no sugar added yogurt.
  • bldntz1856
    bldntz1856 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are if you are making progress then the amount of sugar you are taking in is good. Now if your intake is negatively affecting your progress then watching your intake is important. Fruit provides many other nutrients besides sugar, and not all sugar is bad. I mainly focus on refined sugars that are listed as sugar in the various foods I eat. Honey and frutose are not nearly as bad for your diet. Simply put not everyone has adverse affects to a higher sugar intake, and that is where I would make my focus. I know personally if I take in too much refined sugar I also put on a lot of fat in a very short time. Watch your progress and you can adjust your % levels in your diet by changes your macro nutrient levels under the food tab. Good Luck on your journey!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    As long as it isn't 75g over in white table suger...LOL You are fine...:happy:

Dd
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    can you imagine? "would you like some coffee with your cup of sugar sir?"