Bread problem?

Options
Vicky_609
Vicky_609 Posts: 17 Member
I used mfp a few years ago and successfully lost 3 stone. I've used other diets which have also worked well. I haven't been able to stick to them for long as the only way I seems to ha e lost is to remove processed the carbs. This has then led to me getting completely bored of my food and giving up. I've started again the last 2 weeks. I've weighed and measured everything.

I have been having a few meal deals for lunches for work which has involved sandwiches and I've eaten bread at home too. I have counted every slice and kept in my calorie allowance. I've gained 6lbs this week and gained 4lb last week. I've gained more that if I wasn't even trying. I get meal deals the end of the week after I've run out of the salad I get with my weekly shop. There isnt really much of an alternative.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    This sounds silly but it has really helped me. I got an insanely sharp knife off amazon. It cuts like nothing I’ve ever seen before.

I can cut crusty homemade or bakery loaves super thin and even with it.

Yesterday I had four slices of toasted garlic bread with my dinner- and because they were so thin they only came to 52grams.

Yeah, it’s a mind game, but it works for me.

Also, have you tried the Lewis Bakery brand “Healthy White” or “Healthy Honey Wheat” breads? 35 calories per slice and they taste just like regular old Sunbeam or the like to me. Also makes great French toast.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    If you've actually gained 10 Lbs over the course of two weeks it has nothing to do with bread...either your scale is broken or you need to go see a Dr. I eat sandwiches as a matter of routine as well as bread, pasta, rice, etc and it's never hindered weight loss...and certainly doesn't result in gaining 10Lbs over the course of two weeks.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Good grief. Talk about the power of suggestion. Btw, 337 calories. 😇

i8hnxqtv3rhi.jpeg
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    If you've actually gained 10 Lbs over the course of two weeks it has nothing to do with bread...either your scale is broken or you need to go see a Dr. I eat sandwiches as a matter of routine as well as bread, pasta, rice, etc and it's never hindered weight loss...and certainly doesn't result in gaining 10Lbs over the course of two weeks.

It could though, if one was following low carb for at least a week or so, then started eating a moderate amount of carbs again (all water weight of course)... I could fluctuate up 20 pounds during a cheat day back in the day.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Good grief. Talk about the power of suggestion. Btw, 337 calories. 😇

i8hnxqtv3rhi.jpeg

That's actually pretty impressive.... Hmmmmm :P
  • annetrout
    annetrout Posts: 20 Member
    Options

7xllsavixpjl.jpg

You can find the recipe in the recipe section under "Best low carb bread no flour used" with tons of pictures and directions. Can use a machine, or the oven... Totally up to you.

So yeah, have your sandwich, have your grilled cheese, have your tuna melt... It makes an excellent pizza crust. (hmmm I should try a french toast soon. Have your bread!

I'm low carbing and I'll never go without good bread ever again. :smiley: [/quote]

Poobah1972, I tried to find the recipe but it didnt come up. Do you have to be on the Premium part to get it? I'd really like to have that recipe!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    annetrout wrote: »
    Poobah1972, I tried to find the recipe but it didnt come up. Do you have to be on the Premium part to get it? I'd really like to have that recipe!

Afternoon Anne! :)

Try this link... https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825652/best-low-carb-bread-no-flour-was-used/p1

Ps I just made a Seafood alfredo melt for lunch with it. Doh it was beyond delicious 7 net carbs and just over 400 calories.

9r5llczzas4f.jpg

• cwolfman13
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

It could though, if one was following low carb for at least a week or so, then started eating a moderate amount of carbs again (all water weight of course)... I could fluctuate up 20 pounds during a cheat day back in the day.

I would have mentioned water weight from going from a keto diet to re-introducing carbs if that were actually applicable to the post. The OP only mentions tracking for the last two weeks and having sandwiches and such for lunch...I don't get any kind of impression that the OP was doing keto and then switched two weeks ago. My impression is that the OP was going about her life as usual up until two weeks ago and then started calorie counting.

That being the case, 10 Lbs in two weeks of a normal diet isn't normal...at all. 10Lbs of unexplained weight gain in a matter of two weeks and my *kitten* would be at the Dr. office if I had already determined my scale wasn't broken. 10Lbs of weight gain in two weeks for no reason isn't normal.
  • Poobah1972
    Options

I would have mentioned water weight from going from a keto diet to re-introducing carbs if that were actually applicable to the post. The OP only mentions tracking for the last two weeks and having sandwiches and such for lunch...I don't get any kind of impression that the OP was doing keto and then switched two weeks ago. My impression is that the OP was going about her life as usual up until two weeks ago and then started calorie counting.

That being the case, 10 Lbs in two weeks of a normal diet isn't normal...at all. 10Lbs of unexplained weight gain in a matter of two weeks and my *kitten* would be at the Dr. office if I had already determined my scale wasn't broken. 10Lbs of weight gain in two weeks for no reason isn't normal.

Totally agreed... The original post didn't seem entirely clear to me (at least I might of misread between the lines and assumed they may have been doing low carb at one point... probably completely wrong)... SO I just threw it out there just in case? All good,
  • annetrout
    annetrout Posts: 20 Member
    Options
  • cwolfman13
    Options

Totally agreed... The original post didn't seem entirely clear to me (at least I might of misread between the lines and assumed they may have been doing low carb at one point... probably completely wrong)... SO I just threw it out there just in case? All good,

Probably depends on size too...10 Lbs on me would not only be hugely noticeable aesthetically, but I also would be up at least a pants and shirt size. For that to happen in two weeks, something would have to be very, very wrong. The only time I fluctuate like that is with airline travel and I'm visibly bloated and my face and head looks like a hot air balloon...otherwise a pound or two is more the norm...sometimes three
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options

I had the same impression, that reduced carbs, then an increase, might be in the picture. That can have a scale impact, even without full keto.

Your bread looks great, and I can see how it would be a wonderful thing for the low-carb folks who love bread. For pure calorie counters, it may be a little on the high-ticket side at 94 calories/slice, but the amount of protein and fiber for those calories is a pretty big plus even in that scenario. Nice recipe!

Might help OP, though - because the post was kinda unclear to me - if part of her issue is time for food prep vs. buying prepared foods (is that what "meal deals" means?) . . . ? 🤷‍♀️ It would be nice to get some clarification from her, but she hasn't been back to the forums yet, it looks like.
  • JustaNoob
    JustaNoob Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @springlering62

I think this is a sign that I need to make french toast with this bread. I told my BF this weekend that I wanted it and he has never had it so I had to explain what it was. Then today I was telling my mother that I had to tell him what it was. Basically, I have french toast on the brain!
  • Vicky_609
    Vicky_609 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Thank you. I hope you are right. I have been off most processed carbs for a couple of months now. Bread and pasta being off limits. I have pcos so was told it was better to avoid them.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Glad to see you back Vicky... If your were interested in getting a little more insight from the community... Sharing some additional information could prove very useful for you? Age, height, current weight and daily calorie intake for starters... Just a thought.

:)