Letting Go

Options
Just my own personal food for thought......

It’s hard to give up old habits. Although my former solutions to dealing with stress, anger, and emotional and physical pain had never worked and only made the problems worse, they were familiar. I had high hopes the results would be different each time. I wasn’t too surprised when it didn’t happen because this was familiar ground.

Then I half-heartedly decided to begin this journey and began working on all aspects of myself. It was scary! At first I felt very anxious, surely this new found self would be snatched from me just as I was beginning to feel comfortable with it. While I enjoyed my new healthy attitude and not having to focus soley on my eating habits, I often felt like I was in foreign territory without a map. But the longer I am on this journey, the happier my life is becoming. One day at a time...

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great Attitude! Stay positive and you will go far.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Same motto for me ..."one day at a time"......
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    very healthy food for thought :) I struggle with old habits too... one day at a time.
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    Love your post!!!! I wear a bracelet every day that says "One day at a time"...I look at it several times to remind myself!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You are so right! In times of stress, it is so easy to fall back into old habits. I feel that posting my issue/concern here really helps me refocus, think conscientiously about what I am doing and change that internal dialogue that is constant in my head.

Its not just Letting Go of the weight, it Letting Go of the self doubt, of the embarrassment, of the fear. And grabbing hold of a new healthier me. Thanks for the reminder this morning!
  • saradm98
    saradm98 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is a great outlook. I am sure if you are anything like me you are to hard on yourself so continue to take it one day at a time and the days that you fall short figure out what you did that wasn't in your favor and change it the next day. On the tough days focus on how far you have come; even if you are at the begining of your journey the decisions that you have made to change your life for the better is one of the biggest obsticles to climb, so move forward and reach out to your friends who understand too well what you are going throug. You are not alone!
  • BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Very true! Great words of encouragement.