Hello! Introduction of Laura

Options
I am 54 years old & underwent surgery for breast cancer last year. Now I am on an estrogen blocker (pill) for the next 5 years. One of the side effects is weight gain. Between Covid & this pill I need some help to lose weight. I also take care (with my husband) of our 20 year old son who has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. He is completely dependent on my husband and myself. I need to be able to lift him, he weighs 93 pounds.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

You sure do have a full plate, it is awesome that you are making hte time to take care of yourself as well!

This thread may be helpful in finding friends in a similar situation as yourself: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10485058/the-middle-agers-group-upper-30s-40s-50ish-folks/

~best wishes on your journey
  • Sully8331
    Sully8331 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sully also 54 and have a complicated scenario. I recently have had my 4th heart attack and I am diabetic with a thyroid disorder. On many pills that keep me from losing. Also take care of my wife who is disabled with end stage COPD. She has been very ill the past year spending almost 3 month in the hospital. I have promised myself 1.5 hrs a day dedicated to a healthier me. Stay strong and focused. Good luck on your fitness journey.