Healthy dessert recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Define 'healthy'?

I like Eton Mess, but made with vanilla Skyr instead of cream. Because meringues are healthy.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Banana cut lengthwise and sauted in a pat of butter and a teaspoon of honey. Pour hot saute onto a big dollop of vanilla ice cream. Had it last night. 200 calories.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    I tried this 'one ingredient banana ice-cream' recently: https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-93414
    Not quite the same as ice-cream, but quite good really.
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    My new brunch!!!( until I get sick of it) is a combination of these 2 desserts. I made a batch of both, putting pecans instead of chocolate with the oats and banana. Then I put just enough butter to grease half cup ramekins, layered the oat mixture on the bottom for crust, and then poured the cheesecake mix on top. I baked it in my toaster oven 350 at first and then 300 until it was lightly browned, maybe 30-40 minutes.
    https://youtu.be/3rQ-LrmzG3w
    https://youtu.be/JE8crtueXs8
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    The other day I remembered this desert my college friend (back in the late 90's) who had done WW taught us. You mix 2 small containers of a yogurt of your choice with an 8 oz container of lite Cool Whip and put into a reduced fat graham cracker crust. You could make your own parfait with graham cracker crumbs and amount of yogurt and cool whip that you want.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that it is frequently possible to reduce sugar in recipes without it being noticeable. I don't eat desserts besides fruit very frequently, but when I do, I want the real thing and not a "diet dessert." I make room in my calories for it and/or eat a smaller portion.
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Any flavor jello sugar free pudding. Mix with 2 cups skim milk. Voila - 70 calorie dessert. 1/2 cup serving.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Chevk out this link- chocolatecoveredkatie.com

It is AWESOME! It is full of recipes and ideas!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that it is frequently possible to reduce sugar in recipes without it being noticeable. I don't eat desserts besides fruit very frequently, but when I do, I want the real thing and not a "diet dessert." I make room in my calories for it and/or eat a smaller portion.

This. I usually reduce the called for sugar amount in a recipe by a third to a half. It works just fine taste wise.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Any flavor jello sugar free pudding. Mix with 2 cups skim milk. Voila - 70 calorie dessert. 1/2 cup serving.
    We use fairlife ultra filtered milk (lower sugar, higher protein than skim milk) and add some protein powder even (ups the calories but improves the macros). We'll use chocolate fudge flavored sugar free pudding and then top it with a dollup of sugar free cool whip. So good and low cal with good protein.
  • stljam
    Options
    protein cheesecake
    rg6zb0ula5zk.jpg

Crust is lemon meringue power crunch bars (2) - no binding agent needed, just ground them and press them in the pan.

Base Batter
    12 oz of fat free cream cheese - Shop n Save's or Walmart's generic is actually the best
    12 oz of great value light greek vanilla yogurt - walmart's great value version is the best
    2 Large eggs
    1/4 tsp kosher salt
    2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
    1/8 cup of your favorite baking sugar substitute (if you so desire, i skip)
    2-3 scoops of your protein powder of choice (this gives the cake a lot of its flavor so use ones that are good that you like), generous scoops (around 60g or a bit more depending on the powder)

- Let the cream cheese, yogurt and eggs sit out for at least an hour to get to room temp
    - Put the cream cheese, yogurt, eggs, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and protein powder and beat the batter on low for 3 minutes in a mixer
    - Scrape the sides and beat on high for 1 minute
    - Now fold in your mixes (Ideas - lime zest; lime juice, blueberries, etc depending on your protein powder flavor). Remember if you add more liquid here you may need to up the scoops of protein powder in the batter a little to make the consistency right or adjust the baking time.

Baking times
    Form crust into and pour into 6" springform pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 8 minutes at 325 degrees
    Add base batter and bake for 32 minutes at 325 degrees
    Bake for 65 more minutes at 250 degrees (need to adjust these times based on the individual protein powders)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,445 Member
    Options
    Whoever shared the Greek yogurt with jello cheesecake mix idea, you are my hero. What a GREAT and delicious idea!

LOLOLOL. As I see my now two-year-old post, I’m enjoying some sugar free lemon pudding mixed with a couple of drops
    lemon extract, 1/2c ice water and a 170gr serving of fat free Greek yogurt,
    topped with a 15gr spritz of canned whipped cream and 3gr of lemon honey granules. 194 calories for a large bowl.

It’s still a winning recipe!

I’ve got many variations, and they never get old!
  • stljam
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Whoever shared the Greek yogurt with jello cheesecake mix idea, you are my hero. What a GREAT and delicious idea!

LOLOLOL. As I see my now two-year-old post, I’m enjoying some sugar free lemon pudding mixed with a couple of drops
    lemon extract, 1/2c ice water and a 170gr serving of fat free Greek yogurt,
    topped with a 15gr spritz of canned whipped cream and 3gr of lemon honey granules. 194 calories for a large bowl.

It’s still a winning recipe!

I’ve got many variations, and they never get old!

what are these lemon honey granules you speak of, perhaps lemon peel?