How to find ingredients

matsonash
matsonash Posts: 1 Member
Hello everyone
Im still learning how to navigate this platform. How can I find ingredients when I have search a food?
Example: in my diary under dinner, I searched pineapple chicken kebabs. Many show up, but I can't see what ingredients are in them?

Replies

• WeatherJane
    WeatherJane Posts: 1,492 Member
    I would recommend using the recipe creator, and creating your own using your ingredients and how you weigh/measure and cook everything.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    I would recommend using the recipe creator, and creating your own using your ingredients and how you weigh/measure and cook everything.

So would I.

With anything that's not a packaged item with nutritional info on it, you don't know the quantity of the component ingredients, cooking method (grilled vs fried in oil) etc.

Once you've saved a recipe, you can go back and edit it the next time you cook the same thing (assuming your chicken and pineapple don't weigh exactly the same as last time). You can also copy recipes (and rename them) if you have one that's a base / has a lot of the same ingredients as for something similar.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    matsonash wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    Im still learning how to navigate this platform. How can I find ingredients when I have search a food?
    Example: in my diary under dinner, I searched pineapple chicken kebabs. Many show up, but I can't see what ingredients are in them?

There is a lot of guessing. I will add my own main ingredients separately or just select the 'chicken kebab' that looks about right on calories. It's a little easier if you were able to weigh your pineapple chicken kebabs before eating.