Didn't ultimately meet my Goal!

Options
Annawan24
Annawan24 Posts: 287 Member
I had wanted to lose this weight last year when I hit the big 5-0, but then I made too many excuses because of the pandemic. Not only did I not lose weight but I gained more than I ever have. I attribute it to becoming more sedentary and hitting that special time for women as they reach this age. I got fluffier around my mid section which is driving me crazy. Hence the reason why this weight has to go! I don't want to be that mom on the beach in an oversized body when my family goes on vacation and I don't want to shop in the "big girl stores". I've never had to but if I don't do something now and commit to losing this weight now I'm not sure I ever will. So this is where I start, I'm going on week 2 (haven't weighed myself yet, tomorrow morning) of MFP and loving it.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a fantastic tool for weight loss. Don't let age or menopause slow you down. There are many people on here who have met their goals, even if older and/or menopausal.

@springlering62
    @AnnPT77

are two great examples.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,483 Member
    Options
    It’s totally do-able, at this age and any age, if you weight carefully and log honestly.

I think at this age, exercise has paid back treble benefits, too.
  • verdenlola
    verdenlola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Annawan24 wrote: »
    I had wanted to lose this weight last year when I hit the big 5-0, but then I made too many excuses because of the pandemic. Not only did I not lose weight but I gained more than I ever have. I attribute it to becoming more sedentary and hitting that special time for women as they reach this age. I got fluffier around my mid section which is driving me crazy. Hence the reason why this weight has to go! I don't want to be that mom on the beach in an oversized body when my family goes on vacation and I don't want to shop in the "big girl stores". I've never had to but if I don't do something now and commit to losing this weight now I'm not sure I ever will. So this is where I start, I'm going on week 2 (haven't weighed myself yet, tomorrow morning) of MFP and loving it.

​Let's make it sustainable so you never have to go back to ''the big girl stores'' again! Feel free to add me I'm here to help!
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and can attest to the fact that weight loss works whatever age you are (obviously there might be medical reasons that could stand in the way) and that it really comes down to eating at a deficit. Don't lie to yourself and set reasonable goals! Good luck!