Scandi Sense Diet

Options
sparky00721
sparky00721 Posts: 113 Member
edited March 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone have any thoughts about the book/website, The Scandi Sense Diet (Suzy Wengel)?

I have been following this eating approach for about a week. Far too early for me to reach a conclusion yet, but I am enjoying it considerably so far - leaves me feeling full within my calorie targets, and has gotten me eating a crazy amount of vegetables, contrary to a lifetime of completely fleeing from them.

I note that the book got a lot of press in the fall of 2018, but pretty much radio silence since then.

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Haven't read it, looked it up, and it looks sensible enough and the kind of thing that might or might not result in weight loss depending on how you already eat. I already had a template in my head of building meals around a bunch of veg, some protein, a starchy carb (or maybe a fruit instead), plus a little fat, and I'm not sure why that's specifically Scandinavian, but it certainly seems a reasonable enough and flexible approach if it is one that makes sense to you and results in sufficient change in calorie intake for weight loss.
  • sparky00721
    sparky00721 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Agreed, other than the author being Danish, I don't see anything specifically Scandinavian about the eating approach or the sample recipes. I have not bothered with trying the recipes, just the eating approach.

I think the reason it is working for me is that it has forced me to change what types of the main foods groups I eat: two handfuls of vegetables, one handful of protein, one handful of starch/fruit, plus 1-3T of fat per meal. My previous eating approach involved as many handfuls of pizza as I could get away with, with veggies being limited to whatever might be found on the pizza.