App not syncing with any connected devices.

Options
kieferz
kieferz Posts: 37 Member
edited March 2021 in Getting Started
My app doesn’t seem to want to sync to my Fitbit or my Withings scale. Anyone else having this issue? Very frustrating!!!!!! also the app won’t let me log in to the community, I can only access through the desktop site.

Replies

• JamesTheBaum
    JamesTheBaum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find when it doesn't sync with my Fitbit, if I go to Apps, then Your Apps (on the right), choose the Fitbit Tracker, then choose "disconnect" to remove it. When I add it back and choose 'allow all' for permissions, it updates with my most recent data.
  • GillyBee7
    GillyBee7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar issue in fact my FitBit steps count seems to have disappeared altogether from my diary. But when I try to disconnect as you describe James, nothing happens at all ... it's like it's just not responding to the disconnect button at all! How do I get help with this please as I'm new to this? TIA
  • tbel1954
    tbel1954 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and can not "disconnect" either.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't syncing properly with Fitbit either. Fitbit is getting my food info, but MFP isn't getting my steps.

The issue has existed for the last couple days, although at some point it did update my steps for yesterday.

This type of problem occurs occasionally. My best advice is to just be patient and wait it out. Sometimes closing both apps, restarting my phone, then opening Fitbit first, then MFP second has fixed the sync issue, although that hasn't helped this time.

When this happens, I just try to estimate the exercise calories based on what Fitbit says and do my best.

BTW, sometimes the connection issue is clearly on the Fitbit side, so they both have software issues with communicating.

Also, I tried the disconnect fix mentioned above and it not only didn't work, it froze the MFP app completely.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    When the issue is systemic, disconnecting and re-connecting only tends to increase the load on the servers delaying final resolution for everyone.

At some point of time the developers will wise up and disallow "new" connections during outages which will just result in the "new" connections ending up at the bottom of the queue.

In any case.... when you look at your whole day burn on Fitbit you can, sort of, see where your Fitbit is heading for the day and eat accordingly.

If you go to bed earlier than midnight, you may want to leave a few of the perceived as available extra calories on the table because your Fitbit will slow down as you slow down for the night. Final caloric count reconciliation is at midnight. If you're setup as sedentary (or whatever term the mobile app now uses to denote this level of activity) on MFP, the rate of "lost" calories will be 0.25*BMR/1440*minutes to midnight