Good Whole Grain Breads

Options
I'm looking for a good whole grain bread option that isn't too pricey. I just took my Nature's Own Whole Grain bread out of the cabinet and after a month it looks the same as it did the day we bought it, that isn't normal! What is a good option without so many preservatives and lots of healthy whole grain?

Replies

• Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I personally have fallen in love with Sara Lee 45 Delightful whole grain bread. It isn't as thick as normal sandwich bread, which I love, and stays nice and soft. The past 2 weeks I have had to switch to the whole wheat version because I couldn't find the grain in our grocery store, but I hope to find it again :-)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own is terrible. I can't even stand the taste of it. I typically get Arnold's whole wheat bread if I have to buy bread. It runs about $1.98 per loaf. Mostly though, I can't stand it and I make my own and that runs about $.38 a loaf.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel breads
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel breads
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Arnold's Double Fiber and Rudy's Organic Bakery.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me what Ezekiel bread tastes like? I have seriously been thinking about getting some of that but don't want too in case I don't like it and then be out the money.
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My go-to bread is Pepperidge Farms 15 Grain Bread. 100 cals/slice, 5 g protein, 20 carbs, 4 fiber
  • isooyoo
    Options
    Ezekial Bread is the best. Even if you don't like it at first just keep eating it...you will eventually like it. My 6 year old who is soooooo picky eats it every day. The 4:19 or 4:9? is the one that we get. It's actually a protein and not just a carb. The stuff is nearly perfect. We buy it frozen and keep it in the freezer and just take what we need. So good. Just had a turkey sandwich with Ezekial and I feel great!
  • skjowers1
    Options
    Thanks! I've heard a lot of great stuff about Ezekial so I will have to try it! The other breads on the market are so over processed they lose all nuturitional value and have tons of preservatives, not good whole food!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    When you find one you like, buy several and put them in the freezer. I don't use very much bread, maybe only a slice a day, so it goes bad very quickly. When I keep it in the freezer, I just take out what I need and let it thaw for a few moments or drop it in the toaster before I use it. Convenient and quick.