Bored

Options
buchty1
buchty1 Posts: 5 Member
Recently been waking up at 3am...can't sleep for around 2hrs. Then when/if I so fall back asleep my partners alarm rings at 5.15am... and sometimes can't sleep till my alarm goes at 7am... fun times.
Anyone else struggling with sleep?

Replies

• stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Definitely. My brain won't shut off even though I'm tired, so i can't fall asleep when I should thus making me more tired and snowballing the situation. Melatonin used to help but doesn't seem to anymore.
  • dylanwesterhoff6527
    dylanwesterhoff6527 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Work issues?
  • jcass44
    jcass44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have maybe 3-5 hrs sleep for 3 or 4 nights then a cpl of nights of 7hrs just to catch up, been like that since my late teens (58 now).
    I guess I've learned to live with it by now.
  • Kerryk61
    Kerryk61 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new to this app so flicking through finding my way around seen this and I can relate to all of you my sleep is awful but what can you do without havin to take medication that’s my next step for me I think I’m 59
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    My reasons for not sleeping are 1) my dogs who sleep with me and 2) the fun of having to get up every night 1-3x to use the bathroom. :/
    Luckily, I've very seldom affected by true insomnia. Maybe try something like melatonin, CBD oil, or look at your bedtime routine? Do you have something preying on your mind; usually that's when I have trouble falling back to sleep is when my brain starts looping life's issues.
  • MRaye803
    MRaye803 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I usually sleep 5-6 hours a night. I’ve tried everything! Nothing works! Started to meditate! At least I’m more relaxed so far!
  • capavenger81
    capavenger81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I get the odd day hit with board