I tried Everything, Went from 196 to 159

Grayzer1
Grayzer1 Posts: 1 Member

I watched my Dad die suddenly in 2016, it was brutally traumatic and painful. I gained a ton of weight, at my heaviest I was 196 pounds. I continued to work out, play hockey, cycle, most importantly I trained Jiu Jitsu and meditated.

However, nothing seemed to change.

It wasn’t until I started weighing my food and being brutally honest with myself on MyFitnessPal.

I now weigh 159 pounds, I am 42, almost 43 years old and I’ve never felt better.

I am stronger, faster and healthier then I ever thought I could be.

It’s possible, find the inspiration to be better then yesterday.

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    👍
  • DarlaJL82
    DarlaJL82 Posts: 58 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss of your dad. Great job on keeping motivated and working on your goals. Its not easy under the best circumstances and even harder when there are personal tragedies going on also. Congratulations.
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Congratulation! So sorry for your loss.
    Can you share and tell us more about how you went about it? What did you eat etc.,
  • FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    Grayzer1 wrote: »

I watched my Dad die suddenly in 2016, it was brutally traumatic and painful. I gained a ton of weight, at my heaviest I was 196 pounds. I continued to work out, play hockey, cycle, most importantly I trained Jiu Jitsu and meditated.

However, nothing seemed to change.

It wasn’t until I started weighing my food and being brutally honest with myself on MyFitnessPal.

I now weigh 159 pounds, I am 42, almost 43 years old and I’ve never felt better.

I am stronger, faster and healthier then I ever thought I could be.

It’s possible, find the inspiration to be better then yesterday.

I am so proud you. You flipped the script and are a better version of yourself! You completed a successful science/personal experiment. Way to be resilient.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    They say you can't outrun your fork - I don't lose either if I don't log what I eat. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure your Dad would be proud of what you have done for yourself though. You've accomplished something wonderful!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited March 2021
    You are the ethos of "Work hard in silence and let your success make the noise".

You are an inspiration in every way.

• MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    I'm sorry about your dad, Grayzer, but congratulations to you! Keep being brutally honest with yourself. As Shakespeare said, "to thine own self be true, and it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man".
  • Er1017
    Er1017 Posts: 9 Member
    Congratulations
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    You're like a phoenix!
  • Missmass4
    Missmass4 Posts: 56 Member
    Sorry for the loss of your dad. Tracking your food take isn’t necessarily sexy but it works.
    Well done sir!
  • nks80
    nks80 Posts: 139 Member
    196 pounds is my goal weight (6’3”) currently I am 312 pounds having lost 9 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Well done for getting yourself back on track after the loss of your father
  • tak2usoon
    tak2usoon Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations what exactly did you do? That is amazing, keep up the good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!