Reflections: How my week went

Options
justace0305
justace0305 Posts: 33 Member
edited March 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
vvo3606x3ufd.jpeg

I’m just starting out...week #2 on MFP. I’m down about 7 pounds since this picture, but I posted the picture because it reflects my starting point and shows just how addicted I am to junk food. I feel ashamed of myself that I’ve let myself get to this point, but part of facing that shame is to shed light on it. Posting this picture is the start of shedding that light. I’m dropping the shame and moving forward.

Oops! Meant to include this picture instead, which shows my head in the proverbial cookie jar! LOL!

d5xrukq4uzyn.jpeg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Read the posts from people on the success boards, tons of inspiration.
  • justace0305
    Options
    Thanks! I’ve read some of the stories. Amazing!!
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! I am recently back on here after long hiatus so I feel new too. You can do it! 🙂
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My advice is small goals and enjoy this app. I genuinely look forward to logging my food because knowledge is power! Good luck!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    You can do this with thought and application. I promise you can. When I started, I thought “I’m so old, why bother now?”

I am so grateful I did.

As soon as lockdowns end, I’m taking my newfound and newly mobile self on a walking trip in Europe. I already had it booked for last April, but had to cancel, of course. That was a pipe dream three years ago.

And the best thing is, I don’t feel old any more

I sincerely wish that for you. Let us know how we can help!
  • justace0305
    Options
    Thankful for all the support and seeing people succeed out here. It gives me hope and the drive to press on.