Options
All tips help and motivation is welcome. Thank You Catherine.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Hi, Catherine, and welcome to MFP. What plan or approach are you planning to use with MFP, or are you hoping to get ideas from the community here? Either way, wishing you success!
  • NecessaryChange
    NecessaryChange Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi, you're doing great. I've got lots of help from the community in the short time me I've opened up. Stay hydrated, that's a big thing that I'm still working on myself. Take it slow and find healthy changes to your meals that you enjoy. That way it's not a chore and you'll be less likely to avoid it! Add some friends. For me at least, havi g people that encourage you and can view your daily log when it completes makes me want to stay on track not only for myself, but to make sure they know they can do it too. Good luck! (By the way I have no idea if people look at my logs, but just the idea that it's there and anyone could see, is what drives me ๐Ÿ˜‹)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Weigh accurately and log honestly.

Tweak and be open to changes. Oil sprayer, zero calorie dressings, spice rubs in lieu of marinades. Rethink everything.

Get moving. Even little changes:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    And for nonstop motivation, visit the Success Stories section
  • koolmomo
    koolmomo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi...I have not been on Myfitnesspal site for 3 years. I really need to lose weight. I'm 69 and my legs and hips are quite sore. I feel that losing weight along with more exercie will help me. I need support and this is why I decided to get back on this site. I have never really gotten involved or posted much. I hope by doing this, I will find the motivation required. I am finding it hard with only 1200 calories a day. Also, can anyone suggest help with where my fitbit info is shown in Myfitnesspal . I am a resident of Ontario, Canada. Thanks so much for any assistance you may hace.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Your in a great place! Welcome aboard Catherine. YOU CAN DO IT! (sorry for shouting). :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Hi...I have not been on Myfitnesspal site for 3 years. I really need to lose weight. I'm 69 and my legs and hips are quite sore. I feel that losing weight along with more exercie will help me. I need support and this is why I decided to get back on this site. I have never really gotten involved or posted much. I hope by doing this, I will find the motivation required. I am finding it hard with only 1200 calories a day. Also, can anyone suggest help with where my fitbit info is shown in Myfitnesspal . I am a resident of Ontario, Canada. Thanks so much for any assistance you may hace.

Hi! You might find more help by starting your own thread, since people may not see your post on this thread by someone else.

I'm thinking your can find some help with the Fitbit issue by joining this group:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

As someone in your age group (65), I wish I could help, but I have Garmin rather than Fitbit (but I do live "next door" in Michigan, US . . . I think the door between is locked right now, though ๐Ÿ˜‰.)

Best wishes!