I Overate For Two Days, Need Advice

Options
Hi all,
I'm a college student trying to maintain at 1800 calories per day. I'm a 5'2, 18 year old female weighing about 108 lbs, and I work out every day for around 30-40 minutes. This Saturday/Sunday my dad came up to visit me and we ate out for every single meal, and being the broke college student I am I allowed myself to indulge for every single one.

I'm feeling very full and very discouraged and emotional and I probably ate around 3500 calories or more both Saturday and Sunday. I feel like my physique is ruined and if I go back to eating 1800 I will just store any weight I may have gained from this weekend.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do to rebound as quickly as possible?

Thank you!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Your physique is not ruined by one measly pound of fat (if you did eat an extra 3500 cal over maintenance). If you're really worried that much about, again, one pound, cut your calories to 1650 for a month and you'll be fine.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I think you might be surprised just how much better you feel after you go back to eating in your habitual way and get a good night's sleep. As much as I'd rather not admit it sometimes, overeating, especially really fatty or sugary foods, tends to make me feel sleepy and irritable, and depending on what else is going on even depressed. Once those foods have worked their way through my system, I often feel a lot better. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens for you, and you realize the circumstances aren't quite so dire as they might seem this minute.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Don't do it 3 days in row. Be consistent in your deficit and a day or two shouldn't derail you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    A couple of days I would honestly let go of, don't try to make up for it, it will just cause you unnecessary stress. Just go back to what you were doing before :)

I would look at more that you have a great time with your dad and "being the broke college student" I think it's nice you got to indulge a bit!
    I think it's good to be strict with yourself, but not when it causes stress or so strict that you miss out on living life!

I would see it as you've had a great weekend, but now it's time to get on track, but don't over exert yourself.
    Do what was working before.
    You haven't failed or anything like that, but now just carry on :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    life happens.

today is a new day. go about your 'normal' routine and eating habits.

there is no wagon that you have to wait for to 'get back on'
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy your time with your dad? It's been a tough year. You're at an age when you're supposed to be surrounded by friends and classmates, but probably haven't. Take the good (dad came to see you and paid for your meals!) and forget about the two day slide. If you return to how you were eating, this is just a blip in your life. You'll learn soon enough that you'll probably be feeling pretty "normal" within a couple of days. I just spent an entire week at the beach with my family and although I had the best of intentions, I weighed my food ONCE in five days. I ate too much. I drank too much. And today, it's back to real life ;)