Hello everyone! I'm so bummed!

Options
I was. Dieting for several months and doing great! I had lost 21 lbs, I quit smoking in July and I've gained 20 lbs back! I'm feeling really down on myself today! But I have recommited myself to lose this weight!

Replies

• cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello!! As of last Sept i had lost 20 lbs! I quit smoking in Feb and have managed to gain all of that and a couple more back! UGGH! My came over this morning and we exercised......For the first time in MONTHS!! We can do this!! I have recommited myself too!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    The good news is that if you stay away from cigarettes you are far healthier than you were.

Keep it up.

Good Luck.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is really hard to do - you must be a super strong person! Congratulations, it's a huge accomplishment!

I bet all the smells of pretty things (and delicious things) are more heightened now that the smoke's cleared. :)
  • cassandrakd
    Options
    good luck
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking!!!! Since your body is still detoxing (mmm...coughing up phlegm!), think about how much easier it will be to exercise when all that excess mucus is rid from your body.
    Try not to focus on the excess weight. You've already proven that you are capable of losing weight- just stick with it. That's the hard part.
  • clarahackworth1999
    Options
    Not to mention I'm breathing much easier!
  • clarahackworth1999
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments...
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If you need support, feel free to add me. I've never been a smoker, but I came from a family of smokers. I won't pretend I really know how hard it is to give them up, but I know support is good for all of us.
  • tikkamasala
    tikkamasala Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    welcome! and hang in there-- this is a great site and you will find lots of inspiring and motivating people to support you. Just stick with it and you are bound to see results!! best wishes to you-- and a huge CONGRATULATIONS for quitting smoking! :smile:
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I was down 30 lbs last year and then quit smoking in dec '10 and put 20 lbs back on...it's been a struggle but I'm back down 25 lbs. and feeling so much better! You CAN do this and you will feel so much better while doing it since you will actually be able to breathe!!!
  • Sararainmaker
    Sararainmaker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You just quit smoking, honey!!! Don't be down on yourself. Every time you think about your weight, just remind yourself that quitting smoking is one of THE MOST DIFFICULT things to do!!! You DID IT!

Watching what you eat is simple compared to quitting smoking.

Those 20 pounds have got NOTHING on you and your willpower!

You ROCK!