Minussam G:8
Momma2Ace3 G:10
Obrien G:8
Pam G:5
PrettyPooks G:16
Scleesh G:15
WingMistress G:15

Hello Ladies,

Welcome to the Weigh-In for Week 1 of the Halloween Challenge. Please post your POUNDS LOST FOR THIS WEEK ONLY.

For our 1st Challenge we will look back at our water log for last week. Choose the day you drank the most servings of water, then add 2 servings as your goal for this week.

Example:
Mon 4
Tues 5
Wed 2
Thurs 6
Fri 4
Sat 4
Sun 5

Choose Thursday's 6 servings and add 2 for a total of 8 glasses of water daily this week.

Also, please "friend" all your teammates so we can support one another on this journey. :smooched:

Enjoy the ease of this challenge because they will get harder as the weeks continue. :tongue:

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Gotta love this water challenge. I'm HORRIBLE about getting my water in. Adding 2 to my best day last week puts me at a whopping 5! :drinker: I better get on it!

I'm a music teacher, and finding time to refill my water bottle and empty my bladder is a HUGE issue for me during the day. But I'll get it figured out this week.
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    I haven't been at this a full week yet, but my weight loss is at 2 lb, and actually my water consumption is right on target. If I add to my best day, that will put me at 14 cups and I will float away.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 lbs at my weigh in today. down from 145 to 143!!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

I am actually pretty good at getting my water in so I will shoot for 11 Glasses Everyday :)
    Went out this weekend and was BAD. But back on course today.

Last Weeks Water Intake was as follows :)

Mon - 8
    Tues - 11
    Wed - 7
    Thurs - 9
    Fri - 13
    Sat - 11
    Sun - 8

Good Luck everyone!
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

I only started with MFP 5 days ago, but I weighed in at 233lbs this morning, for a 1lb loss so far.

I'm usually pretty good with water too. I drink a 1L bottle while at work, and I have a kettle of hot water on my desk. On a typical day, I'll go through anywhere between 1L and 1.7L (the maximum capacity of my kettle) of herbal tea.

Awesome idea for a water challenge. Water has been a huge part of my weight loss to date (43lbs)! :smile:

Lisa
    aka Prettypooks
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i weighed in at 134 lbs this morning. Looking forward to this challenge and breaking my plateau!
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

I am actually pretty good at getting my water in so I will shoot for 11 Glasses Everyday :)
    Went out this weekend and was BAD. But back on course today.

I'm pretty good with water too - so I'm going to do the same. I'll aim for 12 C everyday :)

My starting weight is 241. Booo!! Hiss!!! LOL
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Eeeek! The most water I drank last week was 10 glasses! Gotta Bump it up to 12... Bathroom, here I come!! lol!

My starting weight is 262.5 uuuhhhhgggg!

15lbs is definately attainable. Here we go!
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I normally drink 15 cups of water or more a day...

Also starting weight is 225... coming back from holidays... Not sure what percentage is muscle but I know that I have lost an inch on my waist. So more than likely this is 5lbs of muscle.
  • LadyFriday
    Options
    Well, I guess my water challenge was really aimed at myself ... the water slacker. LOL Would you like to add a different challenge?

Sorry Ladies, but I didn't notate your starting weights (I didn't think everyone would be comfortable sharing that.) So if you will just let me know the total of pounds you lost the previous week only I will put you that much closer to your Halloween Goal.

I'm new at this so I'm sure I'm not doing the best job running this group. Hopefully by the next challenge I will have the hang of the best way to do things. Feel free to make suggestions.

As for me, I've lost 7 POUNDS! I'm in shock! I usually do lose a lot the first week of dieting but NOT this much!
    So, HAPPY DANCE! :laugh:
  • apesid
    Options
    So I thought this was the first week? I'm confused... lol
  • obrien821
    Options
    I have lost about 2 lbs, which puts me down to 114 lbs.
    The water challenge works for me!
    I usually drink anywhere from 6-8 cups a day.
    So, I'll just amp it up a couple.

Can I ask what the G #'s represent? Never done this before. Where do we log our weight each week or do we just keep a memo of it ourselves?
  • LadyFriday
    Options
    We started the group last week. Today is our first weigh in. No worries if you only lost a little or none. You decide your goal. Our final weigh in is Oct 31st so you have 7 weeks.

G: = Goal
    After I add losses it will read for example G:3/15 Meaning that person has lost 3 of her 15 pound goal. Hope this makes sense.

I have an idea. Tell me what you think.

Los Angeles is approximately 2800 miles from New York. There are 24 members in this group. What do you think about us "walking" across the country. I've broken it down like this. 2800 / 24 = 116.66. So each member will walk, run, jog, bike, hike whatever 117 miles in the next 7 weeks. On a 7 day schedule that amounts to about 2.5 miles per day. I know that some will do more and some will do less throughout the challenge but we will track every mile from every person and see if we can make it across the country as a team. Every week I can post a map showing how far we have gotten. Do you prefer a destination of NY or LA?
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is actually a week for me to weigh but I weighed this morning. I went from 257 to 254 this past week. WHOAAAA! I know it will get harder. I had 18 glasses of water on Friday and really don't think I can drink more then that. LOL Since I started counting calories I don't drink anything but water. I'd rather save the calories for food then drinking something besides water. It's been 5 weeks since I have had anything else to drink. I've become obsessed and before this I couldn't get one glass down a day. Hope I can stick with that part. Good Luck to all!
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of walking across the country! I could certainly get on board with that.

Can we have equivalencies? I usually walk/jog/elliptical 4-5 days a week, but I also do cardio classes. Could a 1 hour cardio class count for our 2.5 miles?

Don't worry about how you're hosting the group LadyFriday. We just all want a place to challenge ourselves, use our competitive spirits to succeed, and to keep ourselves accountable. Great work. :wink:
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The water challenge works for me. I'm pretty good for a couple days and the I forget about it again. Will aim for 8 cups a day - it can't be that hard!!!
    I lost 1.2 pounds since last Monday. Yeah!

I'm up for walking across the country. I am part of the Spe Move your @ss challenge so I can post my distances here as well
  • apesid
    Options
    No problem. I was just confused - You're doing a FAB job!

I've lost 2 lbs since last week. Well... last Wednesday. lol :)

I like the "Across the county" idea - could we add in bike miles too? I do that for cardio too.
  • LadyFriday
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes! You can use anything you want to accumulate your miles. You are your own judge. If you think you covered 2.5 miles in cardio then by all means count it! This is all about moving in a forward motion!

I'm so proud of everyone's losses and commitment! Yay Moms! :smooched:
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh I see lol... I am down 2.5 lbs from last week.
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Los Angeles is approximately 2800 miles from New York. There are 24 members in this group. What do you think about us "walking" across the country. I've broken it down like this. 2800 / 24 = 116.66. So each member will walk, run, jog, bike, hike whatever 117 miles in the next 7 weeks. On a 7 day schedule that amounts to about 2.5 miles per day. I know that some will do more and some will do less throughout the challenge but we will track every mile from every person and see if we can make it across the country as a team. Every week I can post a map showing how far we have gotten. Do you prefer a destination of NY or LA?
    [/quote]

That sounds great! Walking is a challenge for me because of our home schedules. (there are 6 of us) But the weather is turning great here and it's a perfect time to get out!

As a suggestion, perhaps we could have a standard format for checking in on Mondays with the weekly challenge to follow. Example:

(this would be mine for today)

Starting weight: 197
    Current weight:197
    Difference: 0 (had a bad week)
    Goal: -15lbs
    Weekly Challenge: Drink more water...Walk 2.5+ mile a day

What do you think?
    9682602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter