Self Sabotage

Options
lmjohannes
lmjohannes Posts: 3 Member
I know how to eat right, and measures food and what food to steer from. However I seem to always self-sabotage myself when alone, or tired and do not want to think about healthy options. Anyone else??? I have a dream one day to be a health and wellness coach. I need to learn from my mistakes and coach from it.

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    lmjohannes wrote: »
    I know how to eat right, and measures food and what food to steer from. However I seem to always self-sabotage myself when alone, or tired and do not want to think about healthy options. Anyone else??? I have a dream one day to be a health and wellness coach. I need to learn from my mistakes and coach from it.

Hi @lmjohannes !
    What fantastic insights! Let’s break those down!

1. Alone. Are you lonely at these times?
    I began to differentiate between alone & lonely.
    For lonely; I’ve been calling friends, watching YouTube videos that teach me about my interests, & if all else fails I’ll watch a show or play a game on my phone. Also music helps shift my mood.
    For alone: I learn, I create, I even declutter/clean and take walks.
    What would be in your list to do at these times? (since everyone is different!)

2. Tired - what will help you the most if you are tired?
    I found I ate when I was tired & still had work to do. Almost like I was trying to boost my energy. I finally realized I need to do less.

3. Don’t want to think about healthy options
    Why not? Tired? Don’t like them?

I’d choose one of these, brainstorm ideas & try them for a week, then choose the next.

It works!