There seems to be no end of exercises not found here

No dumbell lateral raises? I have poured throug this thing trying to get a way to record exercises. There seems to be no end of exercises with rather conventional names that are ' not found'

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Technically you can put different movements together and do as many as you like in a row, and you've just invented a new exercise, so: there's an infinite number of exercises MFP doesn't list.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Why try to use your calorie tracker to track your lifts? Use the right too for the job. You lift for an hour, log it (if you want - it doesn't burn that many calories). Use another app to track your weight training.
  • CMB44512
    CMB44512 Posts: 70 Member
    Same found here. Very frustrating. Using another source to track weight training specificlly is much easier than trying to create your own in here. There needs to be a redesign in MFP.

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,100 Member
    No dumbell lateral raises? I have poured throug this thing trying to get a way to record exercises. There seems to be no end of exercises with rather conventional names that are ' not found'

Are you looking under Cardio or Strength? There is a "lateral raise, dumbbell, side" under Strength.
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2021
    I usually log my lifts/progress in a small notebook - easier to keep handy at the gym. To log in MFP, I choose Exercise > Cardio > Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) and enter the elapsed time. Lifting is not a big calorie burn but it's good to track gym time.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member

Don't use MFP to log individual lifts - not that good on the section described above that actually does that.

I like Fitnotes - build your own routines, track progress, graphs, full of existing lifts, create your own, ect.
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    This isn't a fitness training app. It's a food diary. There are apps made for logging your logs. I like RepScheme a lot.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    I use JeFit to log my lifts, then for calorie tracking purposes I enter total time in MFP as Cardiovascular: Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

If you're just wanting to log your various lifts for the purpose of how many sets/reps/weight, this really isn't that kind of tool. MFP is first and foremost a calorie counting tool. There are much better tools for tracking your lifting sessions...a notebook being my personal preference. If you're just trying to log your lifting for the purpose of calories burned, just log "strength training" and the duration under the cardio section, not the individual movements.