Day of defeat

Options
I been dieting 29 days straight and work out 5-6 times a week for an hour but I don’t feel myself improving so I weighed myself for the 1st time and only 3 pounds it made me feel so sad and like is this even worth it... my schedule is busy but after a few hours in my thoughts I decided not to give up and will try to add in some more exercise but I need help any ideas or tips

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Today may be a day of defeat but that means you have the opportunity to win tomorrow
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration, but 3 pounds in less than a month IS something to be proud of! I'm glad you decided to stick with it. :)
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You have lost 3 pounds in 4 weeks. That is something to be proud of. I have given up so many times in the past because I wasnt seeing the results I wanted as fast as I wanted. Oh how I wish I had stuck with it. Yes it is slow, but it will be so worth it in the end. Good luck!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in about 4 weeks is AMAZING progress, you're doing great! Keep doing what you're doing, it's clearly working. :)
  • Jdewane1
    Jdewane1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just a little information to hopefully make you feel better. You said you are exercising 5, or so, days a week? You very well may be building muscle from that. You could be losing more weight than you think, since muscle weights more, you may only see a 3 pound difference but in reality you might have lost double that, or more. The really nice thing is muscles increase your body's ability to burn calories. I suggest, in addition to weighing yourself each day, you also take measurements of your body. Waist, hips, chest, etc. I bet you'll see results. No matter what, be proud of yourself! this is not an easy thing to do. Keep making those better choices for your body and it will all be worth it.
  • 1fin
    1fin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Maybe start measuring. When I’m not “loosing” for done time, measurements keep me feeling motivated. So proud that you’re sticking with it👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    Jdewane1 wrote: »
    Just a little information to hopefully make you feel better. You said you are exercising 5, or so, days a week? You very well may be building muscle from that. You could be losing more weight than you think, since muscle weights more, you may only see a 3 pound difference but in reality you might have lost double that, or more. The really nice thing is muscles increase your body's ability to burn calories. I suggest, in addition to weighing yourself each day, you also take measurements of your body. Waist, hips, chest, etc. I bet you'll see results. No matter what, be proud of yourself! this is not an easy thing to do. Keep making those better choices for your body and it will all be worth it.

No, nobody is building muscle in a few days, and not in a few weeks. It takes months and years of dedicated training and eating at a surplus. Especially as a woman.

TO: you lost 3lbs! That's brilliant and you're totally on schedule and pretty average with your loss. Thus don't be discouraged. This site suggests weightloss rates of 0.5-2lbs per week. What is possible totally depends on your starting weight. The heavier you are the higher the rate of loss. The opposite is true as well: the lighter you are, and the smaller, the slower the loss will be.

Are you using a foodscale? If you want some advice then maybe provide some more information, like you current weight and size, age, what rate of loss did you select and how many calories did MFP give you? How many are you eating and what do you do with exercise calories? Do you eat them back? When did you start exercising, and what are you doing?