If you're married I have 3 questions for you...

124»

Replies

• cyfehr76
    cyfehr76 Posts: 45 Member
    $10,000 USD
    150 guests
    USA
    Year: 2004
  • MRaye803
    MRaye803 Posts: 27 Member
    65, 1976, around $400, and I’m from the US
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    1. 67
    2. 1972 (United States) About $100. Just family, outdoors. Unhappy marriage, lasted 2.5 years.
    3. 1997 (United States) About $100 (courthouse, 2 simple rings). Happy marriage, lasted 13 years until spouse passed away.

I prefer to spend my money on books and travel.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited October 2021
    53, 1993, about 3k, US.

We were poor and just barely out of college. We saved a lot by using family rings, marrying in our church, using seasonal flowers, having a friend as a photographer, repurposing church decorations, having a daytime wedding with only champagne, cake, and finger foods, and having the reception in the parish hall. Also, his outfit was a free rental because his groomsmen all went to the same store. The main expenses were my dress and flowers (dress was almost 1k which seemed like a fortune at the time), and champagne.

Edit: oops didn’t realize this was a necro thread!
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Ontario.
    20 years old when I got married.
    30k.(it wasnt what I wanted but my mom planned it and paid for it so she made most of the choices.)

Ended up divorced and now engaged.
    My max cap for our wedding is 5k this time around and will likely be eloping.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Currently 46. Married at 30 going on 31 in 2005. USA...wedding and reception was around $30K-$40K I believe. That was for the venue which was a hacienda outside of Santa Fe and included overnight there for my wife and I as well as the wedding party and parents of the bride and groom on the wedding night...food, alcohol (open bar), etc. My wife's parents paid for the wedding...I paid for the rings (which weren't particularly expensive as my wife and I were pretty broke at the time and both of us were just starting our careers), and my wife and I paid for the honeymoon is Roatan, Honduras which was nice and tropical with great scuba, but pretty inexpensive as destinations go.

Had it just been my wife and I doing things, it would have been much cheaper...maybe even Justice of the Peace...but her parents are financially well and like throwing a party...I think it was as much for them and marrying off their last and youngest as it was for us.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Age now: 44
    Age at wedding: 25 (still married)
    Cost of wedding: $5k US (maybe?)

Was active duty at the time, so everything was cheap to rent... base chapel, Officer's club reception, military uniform for me, $50 dress for her. Her family was all local, my family paid their own travel/hotel. Most of the cost was from her ring.

The honeymoon was closer to $10k... 10 days and nights at Disneyworld. I hesitate to even look at what it would cost to repeat the trip for our upcoming 20th anniversary...
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    I'm 31
    Got married a couple few months ago.
    My wedding was free. (well, other than the cost of gas to drive to my hometown and get hitched by the old justice of the peace/Baptist Minister/Feed Store owner) that that was my Dad's best friend all his life....

• bellababy9031
    I'm 31
    Got married a couple few months ago.
    My wedding was free. (well, other than the cost of gas to drive to my hometown and get hitched by the old justice of the peace/Baptist Minister/Feed Store owner) that that was my Dad's best friend all his life....

Did you pick up a bag of seed?

I didn't need to, my seed was already fertilized....
  • rm6335920
    rm6335920 Posts: 256 Member
    Was that some good fertilization
  • mgpc3944
    mgpc3944 Posts: 4 Member
    1. 19 yrs old (parents kicked me out when I was 18 lived with my boyfriend for a year before we got married)
    2. 2001
    3. Less than $2500.
    4. Rough at first but happily married with 3 kids, we started witj nothing to.our name and we just bought our first home 8 yrs ago this November.
  • mgpc3944
    mgpc3944 Posts: 4 Member
    Oops forgot
    I am in the US
  • bellababy9031
    rm6335920 wrote: »
    Was that some good fertilization

He used a seed drill, rather than a broadcast spreader, if that's what you are asking...
  • rm6335920
    rm6335920 Posts: 256 Member
    @bellababy9031-yes it was --thanks
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Thanks so much for all the replies! I wanted to see if older people had less expensive weddings. However only 5 people got married aged 40+ so it's pretty much impossible to make any conclusion. My theory is that the cost of the wedding is affected by the number of years left. A brief Google search shows articles which agree and disagree with my theory.