TRYING TO EAT HEALTHY ON WEEKENDS!?

Options
Hi new here! I’ve tried endless diets but I need tips on how do you keep healthy throughout the whole week including the weekend!
Someone let me know how they get through the weekend without eating copious amounts of food!?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    generally the weekends are harder for me simply because I am around my house all day and can reach for whatever I want whenever I want.

a few ideas:
    -don't buy foods that trip you up, if its not in your house you cant grab it
    -keep busy
    -pre-log your food for the day, facing the decision before you eat the food it often helpful

• SheDiabetic2
    SheDiabetic2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Meal prepping for the weekend the same as I do for the week has helped me to not overeat.
  • WaterLily82
    WaterLily82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tougher for me, too, because they are generally more unstructured than my regular work week and spending a lot of time home can lead me to the fridge but also if it’s a busy weekend it can be hard to eat well when I’m on the run.

I agree with the above...don’t keep temptations in your house and I like to pre-log my food, too. If you’re in to food prep, why not carry it over into the weekend? I just try to remind myself of all the hard work I put in all week and don’t want to ruin it in just a day or two, making it all for nothing. However, if there is something I want, like one thing I really, really want and have been thinking about for days I will eat it, log it and then go right back to my healthy choices. I couldn’t live thinking I could no longer ever, ever have some of my favorite foods!