😟 Roller Coaster 😢

Leanne88dj
Leanne88dj Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2021 in Challenges

Hello, first time here. Hopefully I can get motivated and lose weight. Any advice? I have stopped eating bread, stop drinking pop and drink about 100 oz water a day. I walk on the treadmill 30 minutes daily and when I can get outside I love to walk. I am 50 years old and have been trying to lose weight for 5 months with no success! Roller coaster here. 🙄🙄🙄

March 31 Start Weight: 222
April Goal Weight: 212
Ultimate Goal Weight: 150

April 1:
Apr 8:
Apr 15:
Apr 22:
Apr 29:

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    All you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit. Get a food scale and weigh your portions - if you're not at least measuring your food with cups and spoons, you're almost assuredly eating more than you think you are. As long as you eat fewer calories than your body burns in a given span of time, it is physically impossible not to lose weight.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Any advice?
    1) Log everything you eat into MFP, even if you feel you've blown it or gone off kilter. Log it. Knowledge is helpful.
    2) If you do go off plan and eat more than intended, don't scrap the whole program. Just have the day and then get right back on track.
    3) You've 72 pounds to lose, so you are looking at the long game. Know that it's going to take a long time, not weeks, and maybe not even in a year. It's OK however long it takes.
    4) Just log everything in as best you can and be 100% honest with yourself.
    5) Do not approach exercise as punishment for being overweight. It's a reward for being alive. Start slow and build up.
    6) If you weigh daily, know that every so often you're going to see a bump up in weight that seems unexplainable. Don't freak out. It's not permanent.
    7) Take a before picture and a few measurements so you have more than a scale weight to gauge your progress.
    8) Weigh, measure, count ... so you have an accurate idea of portion. With portion control you can still eat your favorite foods.