New to myfitnesspal

Options
Im new to this myfitnesspal site. I have done Weight Watchers before and it was a success until I stopped doing it and gained all the weight back. I want something to do that is easy and I don't have to go weigh in all the time. This site seems very easy and nice cause I can do it all from home. I have started today and hope to lose a total of 70 lbs when all is said and done. My 1st goal I am setting for myself is 25 lbs by Christmas. I think I can do that if I stay focused and have a good support group. So here goes nothing.....

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck, you can do it!:happy:
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great site here! Apply yourself and it will most definitely work for you. Its a Godsend for me. Good luck!
  • Willow_28
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish!!!
    Many Blessings!!!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck. I'm new too. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • miss_bex
    Options
    Welcome to the site! :wink:

I joined yesterday after losing weight with weightwatchers and gaining it all back again. 25lb by christmas seems a really achieveable goal! Feel free to add me as a friend and Im sure we can help each other along x
  • Shater92
    Options
    Welcome, I love this site, hope you do too!! I used to do WW also, and gain almost all of it back, but I think this is much more user friendly!! You can add me too if you want
    :tongue:
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Im new to this myfitnesspal site. I have done Weight Watchers before and it was a success until I stopped doing it and gained all the weight back. I want something to do that is easy and I don't have to go weigh in all the time. This site seems very easy and nice cause I can do it all from home. I have started today and hope to lose a total of 70 lbs when all is said and done. My 1st goal I am setting for myself is 25 lbs by Christmas. I think I can do that if I stay focused and have a good support group. So here goes nothing.....
    You can and will succeed at this. I love this site where you can eat what you have in the house. Drink your water, watch your sodium, exercise at least 45 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!! :wink:
  • blueyeb
    Options
    Hi,
    I am fairly new to this site as well, it's working for me already & it will work for you too. Log in every day, drink lots of water, and try for a little exercise at least 3x a week..........you CAN and WILL do it! Good luck! :smile:
  • 1hotArmywife
    Options
    Thanks! I need lots of encouragement. Its nice to know that other people are getting great results from this site.
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new to the site and looking for some friends to help support and motivate. Feel free to add me as a friend even if its for the occasional "You can do it's!"
  • sitterpatsy
    sitterpatsy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. Learned about this site from a member of TOPS. I too went to Weight Watchers was looking pretty good. But when I quit....I gained back about half of what I lost. So I then joined TOPS and it's a lot cheaper and more fun! Now I am trying this site.
    I get so impatient!
  • sitterpatsy
    Options
    I'm new too.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You will love the support and the database is huge.:flowerforyou:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'm new too.

Welcome and good luck to you too!:flowerforyou:
  • sitterpatsy
    Options
    I like this site waaay better than W.W. It's easier. This is my 3rd day and I find it easier to count calories than carbs and points and all those other things. It has been MANY years since I have even considered counting calories. But actually...I find it easier and I usually have some left over at the end of the day. The exercize is where I have problems.
  • schuldt
    Options
    I am new here also. I think I have tried everything. Support from others in the same situation might be just what I need!! Wish me luck!!

Melissa