Body Pump for newbies

Options
My gym just started Body Pump classes, and I'm thinking of going. But, I currently don't do much weight lifting, which I know is something I need to change. Will this class be to hard for a newbie?

Replies

• muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've heard its a great class...a tough class...but well worth it....you will work your butt off in it....
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    not at all! They explain form and everything! Just start light :)
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I've done body pump before....there are different levels so only start with a low weight. make sure you let the instructor know it's your first time. it's a really good class...have fun!
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I LOVE pump! It's a great class for anyone that dreads strength training, like me! I get so bored doing all of the machines at the gym, pump has great music and the class goes by so fast.

Definitely start light, you will be sore, but it's a great workout!
  • Emily_34
    Emily_34 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's been a while since I've done it but the instructor in the class said that even the bar alone without additional weights is a great start for beginners. :)
  • maaalva
    maaalva Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for about a month now... Its really great! Also with low weight, but its normal. You'll probably feel a little pain on the first days, but it gets better.
  • em0082
    Options
    Thanks for the advice to go to Body Pump. I went this morning and loved it, although my legs are feeling a little shaky!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I did a class on Friday and was in pain all weekend... I don't think my body is ready for BodyPump...