I'm the new girl!

Options
Hello there, I'm the new girl. A friend introduced me to this site and I really hope this will work for me this time. I'm tired of waiting for the magic pill, cause I know I need to get down-n-dirty and just exercise and eat right. Any advice is greatly appreciated.:bigsmile:

Replies

• jstaton
    jstaton Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello there, I'm the new girl. A friend introduced me to this site and I really hope this will work for me this time. I'm tired of waiting for the magic pill, cause I know I need to get down-n-dirty and just exercise and eat right. Any advice is greatly appreciated.:bigsmile:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Just remember to drink all your water that is the key to helping. I eat a small apple if I am hungry cause that is fiber and we need that as well. Just put in your foods that you eat so you'll know how many calories you have. Some do it before they eat that way they know what they can have. That does help. Good luck on your weight loss journey:drinker: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Bless your heart-- you just gave yourself the best advice-- down and dirty, exercise and eat right. You can do this.

Make this your home page....log every morsel.

Welcome-- have some fun!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say welcome and wishing you the best on this journey!:flowerforyou:
  • healthyone41
    Options
    You are so right. Welcome!

162358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ericajewel
    Options
    Welcome:happy: I am new too and so far I love it! Just follow the instruction on here as they tell you, by charting excercise and food intake.....it really puts things into perspective! I feel good everyday!!!Before MFP I had no clue how much or how little I needed to eat to lose weight, and now I have the key to success!
  • wisefool333
    Options
    Welcome and good luck:bigsmile:
  • dadslittlegirl
    Options
    Drink lots of water. I really enjoy walking. find something you really enjoy. walking, riding a bike, anything. you can even log your housework as exercise on this site. cool huh! I started eating on a salad plate to have potion control. This isn't eazy. I love food. Hope this helps.
  • nerveracker
    Options
    You can do it! Loosing weight is easy once you really learn how. Everybody says diet and exercise. They're 100% dead on. Good for you, you already know it's gonna take some work!!!!
    Good job for you in making a decision to change your lifestyle. I started a few weeks ago, so I'm relatively new as well. I personally track Body Fat % over what the scales read, simply put, the old cliche, lean muscle weighs more than fat holds true. BUT once you start loosing body fat, the "weight" seems to be less and less of an issue or a motivating force. Maybe think body fat % over what the scales say. Just a suggestion.
    Try to find a workout/fitness program you REALLY want to do, and set your goals and go for it! You've made the decision to change. Now, make the commitment to eating clean, healthy and right. Also commit to some type of fitness/workout/exercise program. You will succeed in your journey.
    Rome wasn't built in a day. The epic journey of 1000 miles begins with a few small steps. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Try not to get discouraged. Set realistic goals for yourself, set some short term ones, set some long term ones. That's what I did, and still do. Every day I set a goal to push play on my DVD player and to give everything I have until my body says ENOUGH. I set a goal every morning that I'm going to eat right, healthy and clean that day. Some days it's difficult, some days it's easy. Some days I don't want to give 110% working out. But, I have to remind myself that I made this commitment to me, for my own health.
    I'm 33 I am about 60ish lbs overweight @ 33% body fat. I dropped 2% bodyfat, 2" from my waist and 7 lbs in 7 days! I know you can reach your goals! only you will stand in your own way! Decide, Commit, Succeed! (yes it's from P90X yes I'm doing P90X and YES it works!)

My personal long term goal is to reach @10-15% Body Fat, and maintain that.

One of the guys that is on the P90X boards posted this the other day and I'd like to share it with you. I hope you get as much from it as I did/do.

Commitment:
    Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality. It is the words that speak boldly of your intentions. And the actions which speak louder than the words.

It is making the time when there is none. Coming through time after time, year after year.

Commitment is the stuff character is made of: the power to change the face of things.
    It is the daily triumph of integrity over skepticism.

-Author Unknown

Your goals are your own. Attitude, sacrifice, determination, motivation, and just plain old elbow grease makes it all happen!

"The" Nerveracker - Dave

The Reason Most People Fail Instead of Succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT!!!

Motivation- It is not strength but desire that moves us, Dream, Dare, Do!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: