How much do you benefit from your MFP friends?

Options
Hi all...I've been here for about a month. The weight loss process has been really challenging for me..more so this time. Its no excuse but I've moved to a new city, lost my job, trying to cope up with my marriage. In the final year of my Ph.D., as the work load increased, I started to look at food as a reward, there was no time to exercise or may be I didn't find any. I had a group of friends for whom the only definition of enjoying weekend nights was to go out and eat. At the end of everything I put on 20 lb in one year (on top of a lot of extra pounds I was already carrying!). I've even gone for a professional help for my over-eating. I was told to replace the cravings of food with things I like, my hobbies etc. The problem is that I don't feel so passionate about anything right now. Its not working for me. I never buy junk food, I don't have fattening food in my fridge but when I get bored, depressed, all I think of is food. I find it really difficult to stick to a work-out routine. More on my profile.

Anyway. This is my story and I can really help myself if I want to. I have expressed my lack of control and asked for motivation on my profile page but have received no answers. I am sure MFP has a lot of wonderful people that are willing to help others. I am looking for someone who will be there when I need (not to spoon-feed me every day), someone I can communicate with. My diary is not open because I don't regularly fill it. At this moment, I am full of negativity and I don't intend to spread it around. I need a friend who will truly be my buddy in this process and not just someone in my friend's list. I hope you understand.

Thanks people!

Love,
Dee
Age 27, female, 5'6, 219 lb
HW 219
LW 168

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I benefit greatly from my friends on here. They entertain me, encourage me, motivate me, support me, kick my *kitten* when I need to eat more or am eating crappy foods (yes, I asked them to do so). In turn, I do all of the same for them. Best of luck to ya!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    SOOO much! Most are around my age and have the same goals. Their support is AMAZING!!!!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    what bry said
  • msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When I first signed up for MFP, I did not have any friends on MFP. So I quickly stop logging information and logging on. This time around I decided to make friends. Not only has it kept me motivated, but when I am not feeling motivated I write what on my mind and my MFP friend respond. Feel free to add me.
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    I add everyone who wants help! I also sent you a friend request. Its a hard change but you can do it!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! I am sending you a friend request right now :D

The people on MFP are the biggest benefit of this site. My friends offer great encouragement and advice and I would never be able to do this without them. Create a strong base for yourself and learn to fall back on those people. The support here can dig people out of some pretty bad loads and haul them right back up on the wagon. It is fantastic.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    They keep me grounded and motivated....I have the best MFP friends on here, just saying lol
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have found some tremendous friends here! Even those people that are on my friends list that I don't know well but continue to encourage me when I do the right things make this site amazing! If I work out and post my results a reply from a friend of WTG means alot!!! You will be surprised how much those little comments keep you motivated.

I see you are a Michigan girl like me! If I can do anything to help you I am here!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I am full of negativity and I don't intend to spread it around.
    come sit by me...
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I have to Say My AMAZING MFP FAMILY ((friends)) Are Soooooo Very Inspirational, Motivating and Just give me that extra kick in the booty when I need it.. I have loss 146lbs and it has been because every morning when I get up I know they are counting on me to not Fail or Give up.. They Are the Reason I am still here and Doing so Friggin Great.. I love them all too peices and they know this!!!! But I would say I SOOOOOOOOooooooooo Very Much Benefit in a whole lot of positive ways from My AMAZING MFP Family.... They Are the BEST!!!!!!
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i love my MFP family... they know what we go thru.. i have lost 30 lbs since april.. i have a rather sedentary life and have a a lot of medical issues in the past two years.... but this is working and it is nice to see the numbers on the scale go down and not up for a change. i have my diary open so my friends can help or to give others ideas. i am sending a friend request... XOXOx:flowerforyou:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of motivation from my MFP friends. Not so much their words of support/encouragement, but more from their progress. I see sexy bodies and I want a sexy body. I see someone burn 1000 calories and I want to burn 1001. I'm a little competitive like that.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    MFP friends have been essential to my journey. When I started this no one in my "real" life knew what I was doing, not even my husband. The support I got from MFP helped me get going and my friends on here keep me going. I have learned so much about health, nutrition, myself, and the dedication of others that I would not change this experience or my MFP friends for anything! Now that I have lost 30 pounds, everyone I know wants to know what I am doing. I tell them and I let them know that the social networking portion of this site has been integral in my weight loss. If they join, I tell them to get some friends because it really helps. Friend me if you like. The more friends you have the better you be.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Having the friends is what helps me keep myself in check. It is the best thing I did by adding strangers and sharing in the journey. There are alot of us out there that support each other so if you need a friend you can add me!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'll add to the 'love' my MFP family!
    I have had some great discussions and support from a lot of them and feel they are truly there for me if I need it. The board is great too mind you! lol