frustrating

Options
I have lost nine pounds in the past two months...I am going to the gym about 6 times a week, drinking my water and eating below my calorie limit but even though I'm dropping pounds I am not dropping inches....what gives????

Replies

• msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Are you weight training too? Building muscle helps you lose inches and body fat.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    you are going to the gym 6 times a day? im jealous
  • mrpritchett
    mrpritchett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How are you getting to the gym 6 times a day? That's the REAL question here. ;)
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Be patient you are likely to burn off fat initially and in my case it was only when I started excercise to tone the muscles that I lost the inches and it doesn't happen overnight You are doing well keep going and good luck
  • spim
    spim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it, remember you're starting a healthy way of life so stick at it and you'll get there eventually :)
  • tamiwalsh
    Options
    I think (hope) you meant 6 times a week, not a day. But you do need to add some weight training - cardio is great to burn fat/calories but you need to tone the muscle which will help shrink the skin. (Something like this, at least, LOL) Good luck!
  • janiecorona
    Options
    I do 30DS, i think that's what has helped me lose inches.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    SORRY I meant 6 times a week not day (i fixed it now)... at the gym I do strength training as well as cardio... about a couple of times per week I do Insanity and/or 30ds or another JM video
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    What are you measuring? If you're losing weight around your thighs but aren't measuring your thighs, or whatever, that could be part of the problem.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have been mainly focused on my hips, waist, since that is where I have the most to lose from those two places...I havent even lost a half an inch from my hips or waist
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have been mainly focused on my hips, waist, since that is where I have the most to lose from those two places...I havent even lost a half an inch from my hips or waist

Maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe you're losing from your upper body first. We don't put on weight evenly over our bodies, and it doesn't come off that way either, unfortunately. Since that's where you have the most to lose, you might find that it's the last place it comes off.
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean.

Awfully enough, for a lot of people (myself included) the weight around the stomach area is the last to go. Don't completely focus on how your waist is changing. As long as you keep doing cardio and core/ab strength exercises, you'll see the results eventually.

To motivate yourself, I would recommend looking at how you HAVE been improving until you get there

Best of luck :-)
  • JtmJms
    Options
    Most likely its your diet. You could be losing muscle instead of fat, if youre not eating the right things at the right time of the day. Email me. jmstraining@yahoo.com