Here again...counting macros and fasting

I've used Myfitnesspal off and on for a few years but had stopped for awhile. Finding out that I need lots of help to stay accountable with food. Counting my macros and I also do intermittent fasting too. Typically, I do a 16 hour fast. I've actually managed to loose four pounds in four days. Hoping to keep that streak going! I work out about 4-5 days out of the week-Cardio and strength training. Looking to burn fat and increase muscle.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Welcome back, glad you have found a system that's working for you!
  • MigdalOZ4661
    MigdalOZ4661 Posts: 10 Member
    That’s awesome that you discovered intermediate fasting, and the many health benefits that come from it. Welcome back. I myself am starting up my journey to. Much success on your journey!🙏
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    I'm also back again counting macros and intermediate fasting...I workout 4 days a week . I combine carb cycling with fasting with pretty good results...add me if you like :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've used Myfitnesspal off and on for a few years but had stopped for awhile. Finding out that I need lots of help to stay accountable with food. Counting my macros and I also do intermittent fasting too. Typically, I do a 16 hour fast. I've actually managed to loose four pounds in four days. Hoping to keep that streak going! I work out about 4-5 days out of the week-Cardio and strength training. Looking to burn fat and increase muscle.

Glad to meet you! I just wanted to say the 4 pounds in 4-5 days is not going to continue to happen. Just didn't want you to get disappointed. Almost always, initial weight loss, when cutting down from any amount of carbs to less carbs immediately results in less water retention... This weight is always the first to go, as the body uses up glycogen stores. But don't let that get you down, your sure to continue losing and that's VERY GOOD!. The above is especially true if your eating Low/carb Keto in addition to IF.

All the best to you!

• Richiemaerk
    Richiemaerk Posts: 307 Member
    Keep up the good work. Hope to see ya around
  • AuthorMatthewV
    AuthorMatthewV Posts: 85 Member
    Macro Trackers for the win!!!