Any Dr Greger fans out there?

Options
He's the Doctor who wrote How Not to Die, How Not to Diet and How to survive a pandemic. He also has the website nutrtionfacts.org.

I like his free daily dozen app. Love checking off the little boxes.

Have strayed since the pandemic but if you can reboot a computer, you can reboot your diet right?

Replies

• gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My dad loves him haha
  • peachpawpaw
    peachpawpaw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I love him, been watching his You Tube videos for years. I would like to buy his books one day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I've listened to him a few times. Do like his science based stuff. Especially debunking Candida syndrome.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I find his books insightful and adopt what I can. The Daily Dozen checklist is really useful and can be used by anyone.

Check your local library if you want to read the books. That’s how I’ve read How Not to Die and the How Not to Die Cookbook.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I think I like him. Haven't watched too many of his videos. He is a supporter of a whole food plant based diet. I also like the daily dozen check list.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Yes I do like him. During the pandemic I did several seminars, webnars and research. Ine was The Food Revolution Network. He was on some. Deginately in line with much of what I believe and follow as a lifestyle.
  • MichPainter
    MichPainter Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dr. Greger is the best! I read his book How Not to Die and couldn't get enough. Then How Not to Diet came out and I ate it up (pun intended). I followed his app with the Daily Dozen and Weight Loss Tweaks and dropped consistently. I had started a community group just before the pandemic hit in hopes to use it as a "book club" to discuss what we learn, chapter by chapter, and share ideas. I was the lowest weight I've been in years! Then the pandemic hit and work and life got consumed by other things. But things are getting back to normal so I'm rereading his book from page one now, and I am going to start posting to the group again and hope anyone who loves Dr. Greger will join in the discussions. The group is called How Not to Diet Readers in case you want to check it out.