Battle Me, Coward!

Options
sjqtell
sjqtell Posts: 46 Member
edited March 2021 in Motivation and Support
Hi! I am a 21y/o non-binary (AFAB if that matters, it might just because it means my metabolism is slower) person. I am currently 255lbs and I'm 5'8". My goal is to reach 199 by mid-December.
Here's the thing: I am a very competitive person. I'm wondering if anyone, in addition to being accountability buddies, would like to compete to reach our goals. It would be a healthy and friendly competition, and I think it might be a fun motivator if you are also competitive and looking to drop some pounds. Any takers?

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome!!! Im pretty much at goal, but like to support!
  • findaves
    findaves Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    31 year old trans guy here. I'm down for a friendly competition! Might help kickstart me off my butt and into exercising and eating more thoughtfully again. Currently 274 lb and about the same height (5' 7.5"). I will likely be getting bariatric surgery over the summer, though. If so, it's likely not a fair competition past that. It looks like your goal is about 1.5lb a week. Maybe a 10lb goal by mid-May?
  • sjqtell
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • mp537
    mp537 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for that! I'm 65kg and looking to reach 75kg whilst making new PBs along the way
  • findaves
    Options
    How do you want to go about it? Daily exercise check-in, weekly weigh-in? Through message or here? You're welcome to add me.
  • sjqtell
    Options
    Is there any way to make some kind of group chat if I add you both?
  • findaves
    Options
    I'm not sure if they do group chat but you can create private groups. If I can friend you both, I'll see if I can set one up and send an invite.
  • findaves
    Options
    I created one and sent invites
  • crusherbrickman
    crusherbrickman Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to get in on this?
    I was at 268 lbs this morning.
    Short term goal is 250 by July. Long term is 200lbs.
    I'm a 5'10 CIS male but over 50 so I feel that levels the metabolism playing field a bit.
    Fair warning though...I've been tracking at 2lbs/week rate since Feb., so you'll have to bring your A game!
  • sjqtell
    Options
    Not too late at all! Findaves, just joined the group!
  • findaves
    Options
    Invite to group sent, @crusherbrickman !
  • sjqtell
    Options
    Could you send an invite to mp as well? I think they wanted in too
  • findaves
    Options
    I did when I sent yours :)
  • sjqtell
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Oh ok sorry! I had thought maybe you missed it because I saw that they weren't in the group. It's a good thing you admin the group because I miss notifications constantly lol
  • Srrs21
    Srrs21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Is it too late to get on this? F, 286lbs, have restarted this many times and hoping this is the last. I definitely do better when there's a bit of competition, so would love to join if possible!
  • sjqtell
    Options
    I think you can still join!
  • qjaneenious
    qjaneenious Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I am 40 and am about 164 and want to lose about 30lbs. I love competition!
  • findaves
    Options
    Invites sent :)
  • findaves
    Options
    Also figured out how to make you a group leader too, SJ, so you can invite folks or add topics if you see stuff before I do.
  • DiAugustus
    DiAugustus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all I'd love in on this too, I'm tryna get a reason to get on and log everyday and this may be just the thing. My short term goal is 50lbs away and plenty to lose after that. I just started HRT and I. Tryna get my eating back in control!