The cravings are caving in on me

Options
Oh my gosh... at night when I am studying, I am used to snacking. So I am trying to stop the snacking. New idea- chew gum. Worked fine until I basically went through a pack a night (not really, but close enough). Any ideas how to fight these things?

Replies

• KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    Oh my gosh... at night when I am studying, I am used to snacking. So I am trying to stop the snacking. New idea- chew gum. Worked fine until I basically went through a pack a night (not really, but close enough). Any ideas how to fight these things?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

nonfat cottage cheese works for me...plus it is slow digesting protein so it feeds you all nignt...a good thing
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    try the 100 calorie bags of popcorn. they keep you busy for a while and they're filling
  • maralamb
    maralamb Posts: 1
    Options
    Totally my problem too. And I have no idea how to stop this. I seriously am trying to change my schedual around so I go to bed earlier and get up earlier. I never really get those overwhelming urges in the morning. Plus, who wants to START the day out badly? So, besides that, I have no advice because I have yet to quit the late night snacking. Actually, right now there is a piece of cake waiting for me...

Maybe tonight is the night I say NO! Ha.... Good luck!
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    Im a snacker, so what i do is give myself more calories for snacks from my lunch and dinner, choosing healthier snacks and stopping a few hours before bed. like light yogurt, 100 calorie packs, rice cakes(which i actually really like) fresh fruits, veggies. just making sure i have some water around most of the time my urges for snacks is because im thirsty.

Good Luck!!