Tired of the same old snacks...ideas please?

Options
So I have been at this a long time....and I am just sick to death of my snacks. For my snacks I like to eat clean and high protein and it needs to be portable. Here is my list of snacks:

Eggs
Chicken Breast
Light Cheese
Low sodium lunch meat
Nuts
Veggies with light ranch or hummus
Greek Yogurt

Anyone have any other ideas?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with peanut butter.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Edamame
    Dried fruits
    Apple chips (baked NOT fried)
    Beef jerky
    Popcorn
    Wasa bread (you can top it with anything)
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    maybe try mixing with the flavours of each?
    For example, with chicken you could use some red curry and turmeric for a spicy flare. Or roast it with rosemary and a hint of parmesean. That way its still chicken, but two completely different flavours.

Another idea is how you serve it, you could dice it into a salad, or a wrap, do "fingers" to eat as is or to dip, or leave it whole in a sandwich, or eat with knife and fork.

I also try mixing the combos. My naturalpath wants me to eat my fruit with nuts. so sometimes I do a fruit salad (that I cut up)
    Or just a piece of fresh fruit -(whatever is in season, and a handful of nuts. I try to keep a variety in the house so I don't get too bored. Also, when I buy fruit I only buy 3-4 of the same thing then switch it out and don't come back to that item for a couple of weeks at least. It helps me not roll my eyes in frustration when I look in the fridge.

I hope that helps.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    roasted, spiced garbanzo beans
    roasted edamame
    roasted kale

handful of raw nuts: cashews, almonds...

raw apple sprinkled with cinnamon

chickpea (or some kind of seafood if you eat it) salad on crackers, nut thins, celery, or carrots

cucumber sandwiches (cucumber, Italian seasoning, and I use Tofutti cream cheese)
    tomato sandwiches (tomato, salt, pepper, and I use Veganaise)

Chia seed "pudding," though I'm not a fan of this a lot of people are

Use silken tofu as a base for vegetable dips rather than mayonnaise
  • NakedDaisy
    Options
    It's not high in protein but it is a good change once in awhile. I love the 100 calorie packs of Wholly Guacamole with fresh cut radishes or cucumbers as chips.

Or something else I liked for a little while was low fat cream cheese rolled up in turkey lunchmeat. I liked these because you can change up the low fat cream cheese flavor.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I love brown rice cakes with PB or Almond butter. Beef or turkey jerky is a good idea - I heard the ostrich snack sticks are good too - OSTRIM makes them. I always pack a protein bar for emergencies - like Think Thin, Pure Protein and Zone Perfect. Wasa is always a great idea - yummy with hummus.
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wasa bread topped with cream cheese, dried apples(the kind from Gerber for Toddlers) and cinnamon.