Healthy Crockpot Recipes?

Options
rawrx1
rawrx1 Posts: 4 Member
Looking to explore new meal ideas. What are your favorite healthy crockpot recipes?

Replies

• audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump I love my crockpot!
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump, me too!
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    Try allrecipes.com, they have awesome slow cooker recipes! :smile:
  • sambustem
    Options
    If you're a member of Facebook, there is a Skinny Crockpot site and there are some pretty good ideas on there. The big problem is, I haven't found any with nutritional information.
  • jturner01
    jturner01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You could always try a baked chicken with some whole grain/long grain rice in the crock pot with some carrots or other vegetables.
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hjett
    hjett Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a great crock pot cookbook at home - I will look tonight and let you know the name of it and some of the recipes I have made from it :)
  • mkpearse
    Options
    my sister frequently cooks tomato chicken. She takes tomatoes and cuts them up in a crock pot with chicken breasts...just the frozen kind. Then she puts noodles in it...they have whole wheat or spinach noodles, she says it's fabulous! Her whole family likes it. I haven't tried it yet, but seems like a good one to add to the list.
  • slbeutler
    Options
    check out www.makedinnereasy.com

There are weekly menus along with shopping lists. I have loved all the recipes as well as my family and there are usually at least 1-2 slow cooker recipes per week. You can go back and look at previous weeks for more ideas. Most are pretty diet friendly, but there are easy substitions for recipes that might be a bit higher in calories.
  • slbeutler
    Options
    I forgot to mention it is FREE and has been a huge factor in keeping our grocery budget in check.

www.makedinnereasy.com
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Lentil spinach soup is a fave of mine. 1 bag brown lentils, three quarts stock, one block frozen spinach, diced onion, diced carrot, diced celery stalk, 2 tbsp dried thyme. Even better with leeks instead of onions.