how many calories burned?

laurenkay
laurenkay Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
I work in retail and im sure I burn calories climbing up ladders and walking around putting clothes away and folding them. I was wondering how I could find out how many calories I burn for about 5 hours of work.
Thanks

Replies

• I work in retail and im sure I burn calories climbing up ladders and walking around putting clothes away and folding them. I was wondering how I could find out how many calories I burn for about 5 hours of work.
    Thanks
  • http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

This site gives a lot of different activities and all the calories burned each.

Hope it helps:happy:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    When you initially set your goals did you select sedentary lifestyle, active, very active, etc? You can change this setting to a more active lifestyle (ie, more calories burned) by going to goals, change goals.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I might count this as "housework" and pick an effort level.
  • when you sign up for the site they ask you what kind of work you do (light, medium, heavy labor) so I think it might already be factored in. Sorry.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    I think that if your using every thing you do, to add to calories earned that you might be counteracting your efforts. I only add things if they are significant enough to break a little sweat.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Yes, if this is your everyday activity, you should adjust your "activities" under goals.

On the other hand, if you only work part time, maybe you could log some of the time you're at work.
This discussion has been closed.