Hot tea

Options
Okay, my new addiction has been hot tea after dinner. Many, many cups. Does anyone know if this can count towards my water consumption? It's herbal so there's no caffeine. Beyond that I hope it's okay for me- it's Good Earth Sweet and Spicy and it's delicious.

Replies

• clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    Okay, my new addiction has been hot tea after dinner. Many, many cups. Does anyone know if this can count towards my water consumption? It's herbal so there's no caffeine. Beyond that I hope it's okay for me- it's Good Earth Sweet and Spicy and it's delicious.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Personally, I count my cups of tea, I don't add any kind of sweetener, artificial or otherwise,and I have completely cut out caffeine from my diet, so I figure it's just water with a little bit of flavor!

I love herbal teas - my favorite right now is Celestial Seasonings- Tropic of Strawberry, although I love their peppermint tea, too.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it would count.
  • clairegl
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I suppose more is better in this individual instance.
    :drinker:
  • Kate01
    Kate01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I hadn't thought of that - what a great idea! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I also have a question...some tea have a calorie count....if you use the bag multiple time does thta double the calories or are you consuming the exact same calories just spread out because it's watered down?
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I too drink lots of tea (I just like it) but personally would not recommend "counting" it. Here's why; all teas are still caffeinnated at some level - depending on green, black or oolong - they all have some caffeine. Thus, all teas are diuretics - they are in fact drawing water from your system.

Now, most research shows that tea is in general good for you; there's a lot we don't know yet, but I'd drink away if I were you - just not "count" the H20.

For hydration nothing works like water. Nothing.

Here's to ya!

:glasses:
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    I asked this question a while ago - I drink a lot of tea - both green and herbal - and I count it all toward my water. I think this site is flexible to accomodate your eating/drinking habits, so go with what makes sense for you. I still drink lots of water :drinker:
  • clairegl
    Options
    I too drink lots of tea (I just like it) but personally would not recommend "counting" it. Here's why; all teas are still caffeinnated at some level - depending on green, black or oolong - they all have some caffeine. Thus, all teas are diuretics - they are in fact drawing water from your system.

Now, most research shows that tea is in general good for you; there's a lot we don't know yet, but I'd drink away if I were you - just not "count" the H20.

For hydration nothing works like water. Nothing.

Here's to ya!

:glasses:

Thanks, I think there's something to that. I just had a ridiculous amount the last two nights and was wondering.
    Claire
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    according to my calorie poster coffee(calorie free sweetener and no creamer) and calorie free tee are free drinks, i also would assume they count towards your water