Haven't been doing this too long, Need friends!

Options
So I am 36, mother of 3 I have been overweight for a long time. I became obese (gosh I hate that word) in my late twenties. I was diagnosed with diabetes at age 30 but was insulin resistant in the years prior. I have had a weight problem so long that, it is a huge part of my life. Some ppl don't really think about what they are eating, it is not a big decision for them... for me I have to be conscious of everything I put in my mouth, calories, carbs, fat, protein, SUGAR aaaahhhh! It is crazy. I have a million things going on right now but it has to be done. I do not what to turn 40 and still have excess weight. My goal is to be at an Ideal weight for my height before then and feel great about myself. So, I am in nursing school and it consumes my life right now, so please add me, and remind me to do my food and exercise journals, because I get so busy and I really do forget. This is a hard journey for most so lets keep each other motivated. Thanks, looking forward to getting to know ya!

Replies

• oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    All the very best for your journey. I'm about to add you as a friend, having support on here really helps and is extremely motivating.
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me; I love to support others and need all the help I can get too
  • mitchellsmama
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I am 39 and also have 3 children (ages 10, 7, 5) and I work fulltime! I know exactly what you mean when you say you have a million things going on! I started about 3 weeks ago, so let's do this journey together!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    ok...you got it! I will add you! You will find lots of good people here!
    Best of luck on your new journey;))
  • mdoyle_890
    mdoyle_890 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and been on the up and down weight train most all my life. The past three years i have seen my future ifni don't change my ways. Both parent have had heart attacks, both are diabetic, dad lost leg following knee replacement. So far I have 68 pounds since mid January. I am at my goal and fighting to stay here. You can do it. You have to!!!
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Girl..I wish you the best. Im here if you need me.
    Brenda
  • garangirl
    Options
    Feel free to add me - the more mutual support, the merrier, I say! ^_^
  • pffssas
    pffssas Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    La this post brought tears to my eyes...we've been besties over 20 years and i've always seen you...not your weight. Hugz baby girl!!! Muah!
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    good luck! getting started is the hardest hurdle to overcome! just stay motivated, i've found there are so many people on here willing to help and be supportive. keep up the hard work :)<3
  • julie4760
    Options
    sending a friends request we all need a little support
  • ashreneeknutson
    Options
    Hi there! Please feel free to ad me as well. I just started this today and am looking forward to being encouraged as well as encouraging other as we all conquer this together! :)
  • 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    Options
    Good luck to you! :) I could use all the help I could get too! So I'll add you right now :)
  • snookers88
    Options
    I need friends as well! I have only been doing this for a week!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I joined in March, but haven't been consistent until now......I am going to add you as a friend, because we can never have enough support. Congrats on going to nursing school, it is an honorable profession. Good luck!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    I live in fear of diabetes and it's one of the main factors for me getting my health in check. Feel free to add me for some support.
  • mmortg
    Options
    good luck with your weight losse journey. I will try to keep you accountable!
  • pattynava
    Options
    I just started on here also, and Welcome.....I too have been overweight, obese, fat...whatever name fits...for a long time. I'm turning 40 in 1 year...Will be 39 this month...and have 2 kids, a great husband...but I am so sick of myself....that I need to change for me! Hope your journey is a good one and wish you all the luck! Feel free to add me as a friend... May you have a blessed day!
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I will keep you motivated all the time! I know that you can do this. Weightloss is a change of style: healthy eating, exercising and finding inner balance. Wow, I sound like a hippie, but it's the truth. Set small goals and slowly build foundations on them. Trust that you can do this and you will! Have fun doing it! I wish you the best of luck!
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    I need friends as well! I have only been doing this for a week!

You can also add me as a friend. We can motivate one another! Your success will be mine and so forth! Have a blessed day! I also need motivation!
  • Kacky641
    Options
    I feel your pain. It really stinks when you try as hard as you can and the weight seems to add up. I am going to add you as a friend because you can never have too many friends or enough support going through this. I welcome you all to add me as a friend. I too need support and encouragement. Good luck to you and praying for a healthy life for us all!!