Want to be accountability buddies?

Options
Hello. My name is Amz and I'm a food addict.

It took me a long time to understand this and realize I'm not a person who can eat in moderation without mindful effort.

I have been successful in weight loss in the past, but my emotional eating habit has worsened substantially over the last two years.

I do not have people in my life to talk to about my compulsive eating or struggles I'll have on my weight loss journey so a few days I decided to join a few groups to see if I can find what I'm lacking online - a group of understanding individuals to mutually share encouragement and support.

Unfortunately, none of the groups I joined ended up being active. It's a pity, but I thought I would try again and this time search for individuals to befriend.

I'm 35, female, a current either of 240ish, and a goal of 150lbs. I would love to find women to touch base with you discuss losses, successes, failures, anything related to our weight loss journey.

Replies

• SpookyPikmin
    SpookyPikmin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand that feeling well as someone who has almost 0 control when it comes to eating when I don't need to for no reason other than feeling the compulsion to.
  • DsOrangeWife
    DsOrangeWife Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @SpookyPikmin

I struggle with emotional eating so I definitely want up work on improving my mental health, which will give me more control over food.

• Jackiefrost1013
    Jackiefrost1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I am en emotional eater as well. I also have bi polar depression so my moods can vary and that can make it difficult to deal with eating. I have lost 62 pounds so far and I am still going. I have a ways still to go but I do still have those days with little self control. I will send you a friend request and hopefully we can help each other along our journey.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I totally can relate. I have all good intentions when I wake up in the morning--limit snacking, make good healthy food choices, drink a lot of water, get up and move my *kitten* during the day--but then I find myself grazing on snacks through the day and eating whatever I feel like. I KNOW what I need to do, but I need to work on being more mindful and purposeful in my eating and my actions. I eat when I'm bored, I eat when I'm stressed--doesn't matter if I am hungry or not! It's so frustrating!