The Diamond Challenge - Shining Diamonds (Wk 4: Round 5)

Options
Good morning Diamonds,

I want to share with you the Shining Diamond weight loss information:

Total Loss = 33.5 lbs
Biggest Partner Losers:
- Green Diamonds = Sherry (Chirron40) and Jennifer A (duqtape) with a loss of 6.8 lbs

Biggest Individual Losers:
- Green Diamonds = Jennifer A (duqtape) with 5 lbs (2.76%)
- Purple Diamonds = Sulei (mrslabreck12) with 5 lbs (2.24%)
- Orange Diamonds = Karen (nosugarcoating) with 2.2 lbs (1.07%)

Biggest Team Loser:
- Purple Diamonds = 17.7 lbs (8.66%)

Please also congratulate all of our other Shining Diamond losers:

Rebekah (Crooks0204) = 1.5
Naomi (nafroese) = 1.6
Emily S (emi_esp) = 1.0
Meg M (meggers123) = 1.8
Sherry (Chirron40) = 1.8
Lynn (lyntello) = 0.5
Melissa Y (meliturtlee) = 2.2
Chantal (ChanMay) = 3.0
Clare (clarech82) = 1.0
Karen E (cklbrown) = 1.8
Shelly (shelleilei) = 1.4
Tennille (TWood10) = 3.0
Katy (jae6704) = 0.5
Sulei (mrslabreck12) = 5.0

Due to a few members dropping the challenge, I've had to make some modifications to the teams/buddies, please change your profile picture to a diamond that matches your team color as shown below:

6139733077_d14e7205f4_z.jpg

If you have not done so already, please visit the Town Hall Forum http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340511-diamonds-town-hall-meeting-week-4

Replies

• shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    I incidentally left some members on the Buddy List that are no longer participating in the challenge so here is a new list

**UPDATED BUDDY LIST**
    6140972176_f2cb686ffa_z.jpg
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone on your loss your all doing so well! Plus well done to my buddy sulei on being the biggest loser :)
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    You should visit the Town Hall for today's QOTD (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340511-diamonds-town-hall-meeting-week-4 ).

Here are the assigned QOTD for the rest of the week:

Kathy (klwa)- Tuesday 9/13
    Lynn (lyntello) - Wednesday 9/14
    Melissa (meliturtlee) - Thursday 9/15
    Chantal (ChanMay) - Friday 9/16
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    Bump
  • emi_esp
    Options
    Looking forward to this week!!!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Go Partner!!! Great week nosugar!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Meg! I'd say we both had a pretty great week! :)
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO we are doing great!!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I cant find the place where we check in for MOndays
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you guys did awesome!! go team orange!! So proud of all the losses! hope you are all gearing up for this week!!
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    I cant find the place where we check in for MOndays

Here is the link for the Town Hall Forum http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340511-diamonds-town-hall-meeting-week-4
  • klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm so totally new at this, so hope I'm not being redundant with my QOTD!!! Here goes: How many days per week do you "really" do cardio? And do any of you try to get in some exercise more than once per day to get over a plateau?

I'd love to say that I do something, even if it's just going for a walk, every day, but the truth of the matter is, I do good to really get my heart rate up 4-5 times per week. I play tennis once or twice a week, and I know that burns some calories, but it just doesn't help move the scale. I have to run, ride my bike, or get in a brisk walk to see any effect. Some days, that's just tough to do, especially now that the days are getting shorter.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday:

Ok so if I'm really honest other than walking I don't do :embarassed: really have to start
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How many days per week do you "really" do cardio? And do any of you try to get in some exercise more than once per day to get over a plateau?

I definitely don't do as much as I could. Lately, I've been doing some serious cleaning and throwing out stuff and also moving furniture around so I'm panting and sweating pretty good. That's been my cardio as of late. I also either bike ride or walk my son to and from school (when it's not raining but lately it's been raining everyday) so that's 1.5 miles each way so I look at that as my excercise as well.

I was at a plateau for about 3 weeks and so I did some research and started eating more on the last week so now I am finally back to losing some pounds!
  • emi_esp
    Options
    How many days per week do you "really" do cardio? And do any of you try to get in some exercise more than once per day to get over a plateau?

Well I don't have a car, but I do have a job on the campus I just graduated from. My walk to work is about 50 min, so I have to walk 100 min every day no matter what's happening. I probably go to the gym 5-6 days a week as well, b/c the gym is on the same campus. It's exhausting sometimes, but the physical part of losing weight is what I really like :D I like to mix it up: elliptical one day, bike the next, a dance class, 5 min on the treadmill before I do something else, etc...
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm so totally new at this, so hope I'm not being redundant with my QOTD!!! Here goes: How many days per week do you "really" do cardio? And do any of you try to get in some exercise more than once per day to get over a plateau?

I walk or ride my bike every day I work... don't have a car, so I use the train.

I usually jog at least a few times a week, and I do the 30DS.
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    Qotd: How many days per week do you "really" do cardio? And do any of you try to get in some exercise more than once per day to get over a plateau?

I have yet to start cardio. The only cardio I get is during my bootcamp when they have us running which is rare. I am hoping to get cardio in this week perhaps 2x/ week and bump it up as time progresses. I am hoping to go to bootcamp 5x/week but my schedule is all over the place I find it difficult.
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    Qotd: How many days per week do you "really" do cardio? And do any of you try to get in some exercise more than once per day to get over a plateau?

As of right now, I'm not doing any cardio, but once I get back from vacation I will restart the C25K Program :happy: