Lockdown got to me!! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Options
lsronson
lsronson Posts: 21 Member
Looking to lose Covid pounds!! I’m 51, mom of 3 and this year has been hell! Car accident left me with concussion/whiplash so I’m finally feeling “back to normal”...and given green light but where’s my mojo gone?! No motivation! Looking for company to get back to my happy confident self!!! I’ll be your cheering squad too!! 👍🏻😉

Replies

• lsronson
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m here! Mum, 54, just coming out of sheilding lockdown! So, slightly nuts, but I’ll cheer you on!
  • lsronson
    Options
    Yay! That’s awesome! I’ve been unmotivated and needing a push!
    I’m wanting to shred 25lbs...
    It was nice today... got 5km in 👍🏻
    Good start
    How about you?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Not bad thank you! Lovely walk... got 75lbs to shred ... gulp!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    5 km sounds great! I’ve just walked 1 mile so far, so I need to get out and catch up. It’s a beautiful day for it here.
  • lsronson
    Options
    Janatki, we will do it all together!!
    Baby steps... I’m recovering from concussion last October! Baby steps and we will do it!!

Corinasue welcome aboard!!

Are are you gals from? I’m Ontario 🇨🇦
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Trying so hard to get my motivation back. Hi all. Isronson sorry about your accident! I am a couple hours from your border state side in Michigan. I put pounds on my pounds this year with my bored husband baking and cooking up a storm and me eating. To be honest, if I only ate what he made, I'd probably be ok. Snack snack snack. I need especially to curb post dinner nibbles. So this week I vow to limit post dinner snack to one small fruit and one small carby thing.
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Why everyone! I'm also trying again. Please feel free to add me! I too could use motivation. Thanks!
  • lsronson
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you!! Thanks for jumping in... 😃
  • lsronson
    Options
    So I’m attempting to walk 5k each day, and keep my meals more on the healthier side, and yes Claire, not as much snacking! My hubby also loves baking!! I’ve over indulged for too long!! 😉
  • Annawan24
    Annawan24 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I’m also 51 and a mom of 3 (16, 14 and 9). Last year with Covid and hitting menopause it did a number on me.

Sorry to hear about your car accident and the residual effects from it. I know all too well how you are feeling. I got a concussion in fall 2017 and it took me a year to get my life back on track.

I stated MFP on March 4th and am down 10.4lbs as of today. It’s hard work but seeing results are worth it all.
  • Milliardo5
    Milliardo5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah, lockdown got to me as well. Until 2019 I was going well, then 2020 came, for the most part just staying at home. Even if I have a home gym I also got to the point of buying much food. If I didn't try out my jeans a couple of weeks back I wouldn't have realized how much I grew. So I decided to double down on my workout, stopped buying those unhealthy food. Cut down on carbs as well though I would still take some from time to time, but not too much.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm joining! Mom to 3 here too and I've gained back the 40lbs I lost over the last 2 years. Started walking/jogging more and plan to continue that at least 3 days a week and eat less. :)
  • clairedrose
    Options
    Annawan, good for you losing weight at a good steady pace. I want to do that too! I promised here to curb my night snacks by limiting (I know if I say none it won't happen😁Last night I had one clementine and 2 Wasa crackers. A start. Breaking the night snack habit is crucial. I eat a meals worth usually.
  • clairedrose
    Options
    Milliardo..If only I had tried on my jeans regularly, as you did! Sweatpants expand forever
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 mom of 2 teenaged girls who gained a whooping 50 pounds last year and 70 over the past 2 years. Finally getting back to where I can mentally and physically deal with my weight gain. Would love to join your support team. Nikki
  • estefaniacrown34
    estefaniacrown34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is so relatable!! I've always struggled with my weight and cravings, but it hasn't been as bad as it is now. I really need to start making a change. I don't know what it is about quarantine that causes me to be so hungry all the time. I have a wicked sweet tooth that I struggle to fight against. Any tips and friend requests are welcome! I'm looking for motivation to continue this journey.
  • lsronson
    Options
    Already I’m struggling!
    Today I was with concussion headache after listening to an audiobook yesterday... dizzy and slept most of the day away!! Needless to say...no steps, no workout and poor eating!! Dang-it!!
    Monday will be a better day 🤞🏻🤞🏻

How was everyone else’s weekend?!
  • Annawan24
    Annawan24 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    lsronson wrote: »
    Already I’m struggling!
    Today I was with concussion headache after listening to an audiobook yesterday... dizzy and slept most of the day away!! Needless to say...no steps, no workout and poor eating!! Dang-it!!
    Monday will be a better day 🤞🏻🤞🏻

How was everyone else’s weekend?!

We all have those days where we aren't as productive and wish we would of done something differently, but what matters most is that you put it behind you and focus on going forward. Sorry to hear about you not feeling well, concussions are so tricky because one day you can feel great and the next day just awful. I hope that you are on the road to recovery though....but it does take time (baby steps).

I had a great weekend with my husband and kids. Lots of exercise, minimal shopping (my 14.5 year old daughter constantly is bugging me to buy her stuff). So happy that we are done with winter and spring and most importantly summer are one the way.
  • lsronson
    Options
    Today is going to be all about my water intake!! Busy day today but that should be a problem!!

Happy wacky Wednesday!! 😜