Cyclists using MFP for riding goals

Options
iPaint82
iPaint82 Posts: 52 Member
edited April 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey. I’m a fairly avid cyclist, looking to connect with others on here, as well! I’m mainly a mtb and gravel rider, after years of road but I’m tired of cars and boring pavement.

Post about your rides, reasons to use MFP for cycling goals and of course bike pics!

Replies

• iPaint82
    Options
    6k1l0xfke2wr.jpeg

My hard tail
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Road and gravel for me. I have to drive an hour and a half for an interesting MTB friendly trail. I drive my road bike around, but I use it from my front door too. 🙂

46869668195_dfa039edaa_o_d.jpg
  • iPaint82
    Options
    Road and gravel for me. I have to drive an hour and a half for an interesting MTB friendly trail. I drive my road bike around, but I use it from my front door too. 🙂

46869668195_dfa039edaa_o_d.jpg

You must get some amazing climbing where you live! I’m fortunate to have 100’s of km’s of mtb trail from 5min away to only 45min. BUT not actual mountains lol

I’m awaiting my new and first gravel bike. I’m so stoked to do some bike packing and longer days away from cars.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Road cyclist from just SW of London.
    In this strange last year nearly all my rides have been home-to-home but usually I do a few organised Audax events throughout the year.

There's a Strava weekly challenge club if you are interested - https://www.strava.com/clubs/179287

There's also a monthly cycling thread in the challenge forum - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10829022/april-2021-biking-cycling-bicycling-unicycling-tricycling-tandemming-challenge#latest

Today's ride in the cycling paradise of the Surrey Hills looks like I managed to go vertical about mile 16 but really it was just my Garmin playing up!

wj2khvdymb3h.png

• LtHammerhead
    LtHammerhead Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I ride a lot now, all road. I’m saving no for a mtb. I live in Hawaii so it’s all up or down, almost no flat riding. I’m considering going to the mainland for a long weekend ride or two this summer.
    qyr03q3vs8a8.jpeg
    v45dav5rfdpa.jpeg
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm a roadie/time triallist qt78zcxmhw1x.jpg

• iPaint82
    Options
    What is the mtb’ing like in Hawaii?
  • iPaint82