Does a Colon Cleanser help with weight loss?

Options
been hearing a lot about colon cleansers and I'm thining about using one. Will it help promote weight loss?

Replies

• Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Others may have different experiences but I never found that to be the case.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    only whatever you currently have stored in your colon.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    its screws up your flora and fauna....just eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. it does the same thing and its safer
  • Shel4556
    Shel4556 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I take cleanse pills with Acia pills...they make a big difference for me. First week will lose 6 to 10 pounds..then it tapers off but continues to help/
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    only whatever you currently have stored in your colon.

I've heard that the average human carries around an extra 5 pounds of waste in their colon, so a colon cleanser will most likely clean that out. It'll only make the number on the scale go down, you won't lose fat.
  • donaporterfield
    Options
    It helped me i lost 15 lbs. doing that and walking and doing weight watchers :)
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    My recruiter had me use one when joining the military because I was right at the top of my weight, guess what happen..... Tons of pain, worst feeling ever btw and I didnt lose a pound.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    It makes you poop a lot. And there also can be leakage, which is not a pleasant thing, and in no way is it sexy. There are way better ways I feel IMHO to lose weight. But, to each his own.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    bump! o_o
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You should do some online research on this topic. It can cause tears in your colon and horrible infections. They send high pressure water in where? It can clean out extra debris in you colon, that you will just replace by your continued habit of eating food, so it isn't really weight loss.

Or, you can use the pills - reference above comments on side effects for that.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I had to have a colonoscopy because of colitis. The prep that you have to drink will clean you out good. I lost 3 pounds, but then gained it back. :(
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I heard it's the *kitten*!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Not sure if it's a good idea to answer this- because I don't want to promote something UNhealthy.

So I will share w/ you my personal experience.

I deal w/ a lazy colon, and so I get backed up quite a bit. Toxins build up in your system as a result.

I recently went through a HEAVY DUTY colon cleansing- under my doctor's orders- and yes, I lost a LOT of weight.

What I lost came BACK when I start to eat solid foods again, so IF I would have done it for the sole purpose of 'losing weight"
    it seems rather pointless, huh?

However, the cleansing itself did wonders for my overall health- and my system is now flushed out of a lot of garbage
    that should NOT have been there.

Psyllium fiber helps rid the body of mucoid plaque- which is really really GROSS.
    Google it- but not before you plan to eat- you'll lose your appetite.

I'd suggest- if you're considering doing it for improving your colon health- then do so under the supervision of your doctor.

These types of cleansers MUST be taken with A LOT of water- or you can do some serious DAMAGE- or get a blockage- and have something RUPTURE.
    I buried BOTH parents from that...NOT something to play games with
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    NOPE. If your body is working correctly, then it cleanses itself. This is just a money maker for those that push cleansing as legit.