Restarting.. I'm 38 yrs old with about 45lb to lose

Options
Hi all

I'm on holiday at the moment and feeling very wobbly by the swimming pool so rather than get depressed figured I might as well do so thing about it.

I'm back home on Tuesday and thought I'd re-join MFP. I just logged in and saw that this time 3 years ago I was about 40lb lighter than I am now (no scales here so just guessing). So I'm planning to lose all of that 40lb and a bit more.

Anyone out there in a similar position?

Replies

• freensp70
    freensp70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was 25 lbs less a yr ago, but still over weight. My husband made a commitment to each other to get healthier. We started going to the gym & changing our eating habits. I stopped drinking soda which is huge for me, 28 days & counting. We need to lose over 100 lbs. & it will take time. The depression got so bad & I knew I had to make a change. Good Luck with your weight loss & getting healthier.
  • carriebardo
    carriebardo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also about 40lbs above where i was a few years ago. Looking to get back on it and get motivated. Day 1 tomorrow. I bought all good stuff at the store today and im committing to getting 2000 steps a day instead of 10000
  • glorian13vazquez498
    glorian13vazquez498 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh wow you just sound like me right now. I'm 38 yrs old and I need to lose 45 lbs as well. 3 years ago I lost 25 lbs with this app. I need to go back and do the same I did years ago. I hope we can motivate each other. Thank you. God bless.
  • pemorgan
    pemorgan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also 38 and I would like to also lose 45lbs, have more energy, not cause my body serious damage, and fit into some clothing brands I like.
  • kills7
    kills7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep, yep and Yep!
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was about 10lbs lighter. But I was mobilized and had a lot more time to exercise and eat better.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya!
  • simplyJD
    simplyJD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and just looked back on when I last logged in. It was 40 pounds and 5 years..... Shame on me! I'm here with my tail between my legs looking for support. Good luck to you all! I'm going to go do some yoga and see if I can't feel a little better and hold my head higher....
  • the_brow_whisperer
    Options
    37 & 50-60lbs to lose over here. Weekends are hardest for me. I'm very motivated during the week as I food prep for the work week, but all Hell breaks loose on the weekends when I get lazy.
  • linet96
    linet96 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also 38 needing to lose 50 - 60 lbs. Working nights really slowed my metabolism and it didn't help my eating habits are not the best. Starting again this week. Got motivated to re-start after watching "Walt Before Mickey" - There is no success without hardwork. Keep working hard. I'm there with you.
  • YasminValdez
    YasminValdez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started using MPA but got put off because of surgery..... I wanted to lose 30 pounds originally.... Its been 6 months sense I last logged on.... Hoping to lose 30+.......
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was about 10 lbs lighter 4 years ago, but even then was about 30 lbs overweight. Looking to lose 40 now!

Feel free to add me if you want!
  • sdgbt
    sdgbt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to lose 30-40lbs, so if anyone would like a friend, please add me! Looking at the progress of the other people on my friends list is really motivating me to get off my butt.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I'm 40. I restarted logging calories a month ago with 40 pounds to lose. I now have 30 pounds to lose. (Yay!? :smiley: ) I had two kids two years apart so picked up a lot of pregnancy weight (and some "eating out too much+hormonal issues" weight before that while dating my husband).
  • RegisteredNoodle
    RegisteredNoodle Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Y'all are my ppl, lol.
    I am 34, had a hysterectomy d/t heavy, long periods, bad anemia, ovarian cysts, etc.
    Current is 157#, started at 165# this year, goal is 148# by vacation in June. I'm currently losing about 1#/week cutting down on carb and sugar only (I'm terribly activity intolerant) !
  • drdelirium
    drdelirium Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Similar boat! Last time I was on MFP was about 6 years ago, and I'd managed to lose 20lbs in less than a year. Fast forward to today, and now I'm 40, I have two young kids and am 50lbs heavier. I would love to lose even 30 of those pounds 🤞. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Maxima0388
    Maxima0388 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Right there with you, Have at least 30 pounds to loose! It's a constant battle with me. Did a small 16 day strict diet first of October and lost 10 lbs. I know it's possible it's just staying focused! Loving MFP. Feel free to add me!